Good films?

'Sunshine' is a great movie that slipped under a lot of people's radars. Highly recommend.

Saw the Nick Cage version of Bad Lieutenant recently. I was expecting some cut and dry remake. It's not. It's actually a really fucked up movie. And the way Cage's character gradually becomes more twisted...in the way he acts, the way he talks, the way he moves....is great.

Saw Battle: Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. It was better than I expected. I was expecting some crap like Independance Day, but it turned out to be Black Hawk Down with alien hostiles. I am, however, getting really bored of michelle rodriguez in every damn movie she's in. She's just typecast into the same role all the time. Shame is that when she's actually being feminine she's quite an attractive woman, but she just gets cast as a man with (I presume) a vag in every movie. To her credit though, she has a real awesome attitude about it all. She just doesn't give a fuck. I like that.

i liked it...good old fashioned horror, no slock, no horror ****..I even liked when it went all ghostbusters

Don't get me wrong, it was still good, but I think I just hyped it up too much in my mind!

Yeah that was my favorite part!

That was the bit the critics hated....I have to admit its the only horror in recent memory when Ive inadvertently jumped up and said "oh you fucker!"...dunno if i mentioned that before but one fright got me real good..and half the cinema, was an lol moment for about 5mins afterwards

That was the bit the critics hated....I have to admit its the only horror in recent memory when Ive inadvertently jumped up and said "oh you fucker!"...dunno if i mentioned that before but one fright got me real good..and half the cinema, was an lol moment for about 5mins afterwards

Haha which part? The two that got me the worst were where the lady saw the man walking around outside (and then inside lol) and then when they were just talking at the table and the demon was behind the dad's head.

Haha which part? The two that got me the worst were where the lady saw the man walking around outside (and then inside lol) and then when they were just talking at the table and the demon was behind the dad's head.

the dining room dads/demons head bit...this is not even a spoiler as its done so well theres no escape lol

I went up my seat in three stages, my face turned to the right and I actually said out loud "oh you fucker!" haha, Ive never done that before, I was killing myself laughing after it, the entire cinema did the same...the rest were aftershocks, that one was a full 8.9 on the Shicter scale :D

I went up my seat in three stages, my face turned to the right and I actually said out loud "oh you fucker!" haha, Ive never done that before, I was killing myself laughing after it, the entire cinema did the same...the rest were aftershocks, that one was a full 8.9 on the Shicter scale :D

I wasn't even there and that had me laughing pretty hard. :laughings:

Possibly a tame comparison, but I remember going to see Jurassic Park at the cinema, and that was pretty jumpy. It's the only time I've been in a film where the audience actually screamed at stuff. My friend spent half the film trying to keep his athsma under control. It's just occured to me that none of this even crossed my mind when I watched it recently.

I wasn't even there and that had me laughing pretty hard. :laughings:

Possibly a tame comparison, but I remember going to see Jurassic Park at the cinema, and that was pretty jumpy. It's the only time I've been in a film where the audience actually screamed at stuff. My friend spent half the film trying to keep his athsma under control. It's just occured to me that none of this even crossed my mind when I watched it recently.

I screamed twice during Insidious, but luckily it was only me and two of my friends there so it didn't matter lol. The fact that the theater was empty only made it more creepier :laughings:

the dining room dads/demons head bit...this is not even a spoiler as its done so well theres no escape lol

I screamed twice during Insidious, but luckily it was only me and two of my friends there so it didn't matter lol. The fact that the theater was empty only made it more creepier :laughings:

Then it's possible to scarey for me then.

The King's Speech, excellent film. A must see, it's everything the critics say, and I seldom agree with critics. Seeing as how The Fighter won out over this in some cater=gories makes me want to see The Fighter big time.

I watched "24 hour party people" again last night....man I love that movie, Coogan does a great Tony Wilson, and what a fantastic time for music, I remember half my mates moved to Manchester during the hacienda period..I also remember being handed a cassette of a band called Warsaw in the late 70's... what a band they turned out to be

This and That Damned United are my two favourite modern Brit flicks...fuck all that Guy Ritchie garbage

Anyone ever seen a film called Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang? Not sure if it's been mentioned, but it has to be one of my favourite movies. It's just...hilarious.

ive heard of it..I thought it was Spanish or something??

lol no. It's a dark comedy/film noir. Robert Downey Jr. plays (awesomely as always) a small time crook who, in a bid to escape the police one day, inadvertantly find himself in an audition for a private detective movie. He is asked to recite a scene where one of his friends is killed in a robbery, which actually just happened to him, at which point he breaks down in front of them and they think he's method acting and give him a job. He gets sent off to hollywood to train in private eye-ing under the tutelage of a gay Val Kilmer. I don't usually like Val Kilmer, but he is hilarious in this film. Together they uncover plot that it would be unfair for me to go into as you haven't seen the movie. It's brilliantly cast, and very cleverly scripted.

Im on it, ordered on netflix

I like both the main actors.....

I just watched peep show series 7, great British comedy

Back