ENter BIOS and DISABLE HYPER THREADING?

Monsterpop

Hi folks

this really is like something they would say in a sci fi series!;-(
i have NO idea how to get this done,,but the MBOX 2 manual demands it.
restarting and hitting F2 isnt doing it for me

i did all the other demands it makes of me i think,,,but im stuck with this one,,so i cant even begin to get the machine and discs loaded up and intalled.
its all so depressing
i wish id kept my Fostex mr8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :(

Press the "F2" key repeatedly while the computer is booting up. They key word is 'repeatedly' - like 'press-press-press-press...' - just when the system looks for that F2 press depends on the speed of your system and on your OS.

That will bring up a screen called 'BIOS Steup Utility' and it 'enable'/'disable' hyperthreading should be on the first screen.

hi mate
oh,,ive tried,,,honest i have. i think 10 times now,,
but nothing happens at all. it just reboots as normal.
is it DEFINITLEY F2 i should be pressing like a madman?;-(

your boot screen should say what to hit. Sometimes it's F2, could be F6 or the Delete button. It's different with different brands, read the boot screen, it may take a few times to catch it, esspecially if the box loads fast, but you should be able to.

TravisinFlorida said:
different pc's use different keys to access the bios. have you tried the "delete" key?

hi mate

no,,i havent tried that.
only cos the Microsoft home page says to use F2
but the damn thing is makin an arse of me every time;-(
is it worth trying?

Creamyapples1 said:
your boot screen should say what to hit. Sometimes it's F2, could be F6 or the Delete button. It's different with different brands, read the boot screen, it may take a few times to catch it, esspecially if the box loads fast, but you should be able to.

hey mate

what would i be looking for on there?
the boot screen is the black screen with white writing aye? :confused:

oh man,,i have no idea mate. this is kinda all greek to me ye know?
i do have the manual here though,,will that info be in there?
and ive just found that its actually DELETE i should be pressing after all! !
so your right tRAVIS!
so much for the Microsoft page telling me F2!
Jeez,,ive been sittin here pressing that like a fanny about 10 times!
SO I SHALL TRY AGAIN AND REPORT BACK LADS

THANKS FOR HELPING BY THE WAY,,IM COMPLETELY LOST!;-)
Man,,even the caps lock is takin the piss now! ;)

Hooray!

Well,,after much gnashin of teeth and wringing of hands,,i got that done!

thank you guys,,,,i really appreciate the help.
it turns out that the info was in the bloody pc manual all along of course :)
it was finding tha manual that was part of the problem
so NOW,,its time to read on and be confused every other poage again whilst trying to install the machine and discs.
any firther holding of my hand and leading me thru that will be most appreciated also;-)

hey Punkin,,,i dunno how to find that out mate :confused:

Well, you found out how to enter the BIOS...no need to drag that out but damn it...why do you call me mate? I don't even know you!@ :D

Hey...help if we can. Let us know. Friend, Pal,...but mate?! Isn't that what the Kangaroos do in the spring? :eek:

my god

ive just seen that it now tells me to
"disable any networking cards(other than any 1394"Firewire"cards".
and that if"your video display card supports it,,enable Bus Mastering in the manufacturers Control Panel"

i have NO idea what this means lads!
i ACTUALLY,,,Foolishly thought i was ready to get started,,,
silly me *sigh*

im gettin bored now! :mad:

punkin said:
Well, you found out how to enter the BIOS...no need to drag that out but damn it...why do you call me mate? I don't even know you!@ :D

Hey...help if we can. Let us know. Friend, Pal,...but mate?! Isn't that what the Kangaroos do in the spring? :eek:

ah well,,i wont if ye dont want me to( mate :D )
its just a Scottish thing,,what can i tell ye? ;-)
we are a friendly race !
aah.,,.your thinkin of Australians,,,fair enough!;-)

its not just kangaroos ye know,,,haggis do it too!!!

ez_willis said:
First thing's first, RTFM

aye well,,thats would be alright if i knew how to do the things to my pc that the feckin manual insists upon sir! :(

but i dont,,,,, stupid bloody over complicated bassa that it is! :confused:

Sorry man, I'm no computer wiz by any stretch... but I can tell you that if you go into your Start menu/Settings/Control Panel you should see your video card's control panel in there, and you can open it up and see if that option is available. In that same "Control Panel" list, if you go into "System" and click on the hardware tab, and then click on "device manager" you'll see a list of the hardware installed in your computer and you can disable any cards you may need to from here...
Hope this helps, like I say I'm no computer wiz!

Back