Do you really buy that expensive recording software?

Do you buy that expensive recording software, or just download it?(Read authors post)

• I buy it. I like to support the creator.

Votes: 564 41.2%
  • I download it. To hell with the creator.

Votes: 305 22.3%
  • I do both. I have mixed feelings on the subject.

Votes: 501 36.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY ,, This should be a no brainer

Ummm? yeaaa...... I certainly think that it is okay to pirate a program that is very expensive like (Reason, Cubase , Pro Tools) ,,,,,,,,,,IF! ,,, you make below a certain amount of money. Lets face it folks , for one , people that are already spending an ass load of money on (Mixers,Preamps,compressors,A/D Converters,Ect,Ect..) should get a break on some things.. The only people that buy this expensive software , are Recording Studios, and mastering houses! and the people that already making a career out of recording bands... I have seen home recording, normal , 9.00 dollars an hour people working overtime just to buy that Mic they wanted , or new processor. These poor people wouldnt be able to buy this stuff anyway , so them getting it for free, isnt really doing the company any harm... Now the guys that make over 25,000 dollars a year, or work at a studio, or records bands already, should Pay for this stuff, cause they are the ones that could afford it in the first place.

Re: OKAY ,, This should be a no brainer

GIMME ME A FUCKIN' BREAK............. do you really believe that shit you just threw-up all over this thread??????????????

Let me guess - you're under 25, aren't you? Not fully-cooked yet, eh???

This is the youth that is the next generation of world leaders ........ I'm not religious, but god-fuckin-help-us!!! :eek:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Deadboyy said:
Ummm? yeaaa...... I certainly think that it is okay to pirate a program that is very expensive like (Reason, Cubase , Pro Tools) ,,,,,,,,,,IF! ,,, you make below a certain amount of money. Lets face it folks , for one , people that are already spending an ass load of money on (Mixers,Preamps,compressors,A/D Converters,Ect,Ect..) should get a break on some things.. The only people that buy this expensive software , are Recording Studios, and mastering houses! and the people that already making a career out of recording bands... I have seen home recording, normal , 9.00 dollars an hour people working overtime just to buy that Mic they wanted , or new processor. These poor people wouldnt be able to buy this stuff anyway , so them getting it for free, isnt really doing the company any harm... Now the guys that make over 25,000 dollars a year, or work at a studio, or records bands already, should Pay for this stuff, cause they are the ones that could afford it in the first place.

I always have to laugh at people who site their income as an excuse to do something illegal, as if they drew the amount of money they were to make out of a hat. I work as a software engineer and the way I got that job was to spend many nights studying instead of sleeping.
A couple of years ago I wrote 2 little educational games that I sold as shareware. The games worked fine in the free version and just added a couple of features in the registered version, which I sold for $8. I got email from people all over the world telling me how their kids now had better grades in math after playing my games. A few months later I found cracks on the Internet for my little $8 computer games! Some people will steal and enable others to steal just for kicks.
Dave

Re: OKAY ,, This should be a no brainer

Deadboyy said:
I paid for mine. If you're ripping off your software, take your sorry ass somewhere else to hang out.

I did use a cracked version of cool edit pro 1.2 for a year
before I Ordered 2.0 version 3 days ago. And am waiting for it to
show up here on thursday.
I ordered the cd version cause I wanted the book and the cd
so I could read about the program while not at the computer
and my recording computer is not hooked to the internet
as to keep that crap off my hard drive.

Was it tempting to just use a cracked version? Yes
But with a little age and a little growing up I realize
it is wrong to steal it.

And yes this might sound stupid but I do feel just a little
better about my self for paying for it.

Have a Merry Christmas folks

$ $ $ $ $ $ $

mixsit said:
Or, if you feel it's ok for you to steal, then I don't suppose you'd mind if we downloaded some of your bank account. After all, it's just data, right?:D
Wayne

Enough said.

-------->Washburn21

I dont think any of you heard me right?

OKay , I can see I have deeply offended some people here, and the first thing I want to say is that you people totally got way off from what I was saying.

For the dumbass that made a referance to the fact that its the same thing as stealing from my bank account , you wasnt really listening to what I was saying.

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS OKAY FOR EVERYONE TO RIPP OFF THE PROGRAM!!!!!

I said if you are poor and cant afford to buy it , and probibly never afford to buy it. Then the company would never see there money anyway!!!! So it is no real loss , if they get a copy of it off the net.

Yes I think studios should always pay for it, I think everyone that is making a living off of recording should pay for it , people that are rich as hell , yess payyyy forrr it.

but if your just some home recording guy , that just wants to cut a demo for a club , or friends or somthing I dont see the harm..

Jesus crist you people act like YOU YOURSELVES PROGRAMED THIS SHIT!!!! LET ME INFORM YOU ON SOMETHING,,,,(YOU DIDNT!)

And for the cock sucker that made out like I was some generation X loser ,, is this what the world is coming to shit!! , YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.

IF YOU ARE PEOPLE ARE SO WISE , AND MATURE , THEN YOU WOULD KNOW (THAT THERE IS NO! I REPEAT ,,,(NO!) MORALITY IN BUISNESS. WE LIVE IN A ( CAPITALIST COUNTRY ) WHICH MEANS THE ONLY WAY WE ALL MAKE A LIVING ,, IS TO FIND A WAY TO CAPITALIZE OFF OF SOMEONE ELSE ... THAT MEANS ITS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD , AND THERE IS NO MORALITY IN BUISNESS.

P.S. YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF PANSY BITCHES

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mixsit
Or, if you feel it's ok for you to steal, then I don't suppose you'd mind if we downloaded some of your bank account. After all, it's just data, right?
Wayne
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get the routing number... :D

Vice

Re: I dont think any of you heard me right?

Deadboyy said:
IF YOU ARE PEOPLE ARE SO WISE , AND MATURE , THEN YOU WOULD KNOW (THAT THERE IS NO! I REPEAT ,,,(NO!) MORALITY IN BUISNESS. WE LIVE IN A ( CAPITALIST COUNTRY ) WHICH MEANS THE ONLY WAY WE ALL MAKE A LIVING ,, IS TO FIND A WAY TO CAPITALIZE OFF OF SOMEONE ELSE ... THAT MEANS ITS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD , AND THERE IS NO MORALITY IN BUISNESS.

P.S. YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF PANSY BITCHES

Well, now, there is no need for name calling... :)

There may not be any morality in business, but, there is morality in life. Morality "The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct." Most agree that the obvious suggestions about pirating software is that it is stealing. You didn't buy it and it wasn't given to you, so, it is essentially stolen. I don't think that is the issue. I believe some host these types forums to justify their immorality, per above definition. If you do it, then you do it. There is no reason to try and justify to the worlrd why it is ok to steal. And if you feel you must tell the world why it's ok to pirate software, then appeal to the software companies. Ask them to send the software out for free. You won't be stealing anymore (which will make you morally and legally right), and everybody will be using great software for free. :rolleyes: As there are standards in business, there are standards in life. We, who are of the living, need to respect one another's rights...
To get some facts straight capitalism is "an economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment of profits gained in a free market."
Which, of course, has nothing to do with stealing.

BTW, where are those routing numbers... :D

Vice...

I got my defintions from dictionary.com

Hey look , this guy above me is a dumbass

Okay you see this guy above me?? He is a dumbass? Yes I know you might say? why deadboyy? oh please tell me why? Well I will tell you folks..........for a one time fee of $20.00 dollars, you can send checks and money orders to my address p.o box 1234 , 27021 , Winston Salem , North Carolina.

Now if one of you gets the info im selling , ;you better not post it to the next guy , or anyone else on this forum!!!

but I will give some free info on how to pirate software, just to piss some of these little girls on this board , that pee while they sit down , and still trying out there training bras.

Get E-Donkey 2000 off of the net , the get E-Donkey bot. Then go to www.filedonkey.com and search under software for what ever you want. Then search results will come up as Links, click on the link and it will open up E-Donkey, and start downloading your software. Now E-Donkey screens all of its links , and there are no cracked versions , just Iso's ,, direct copies of the original CD. And it always comes bundled with the serial number.

Have a good time kids , and remember I am SATAN. I am going to burn in hell!!!!!! Mua ahahahahahahahah Mua ah ha ha ha h

OKay , I can see I have deeply offended some people here, and the first thing I want to say is that you people totally got way off from what I was saying.
You don't have enough posts, brains or ettiquette to offend anyone around here. People have to give a shit about something you say before being offended is even possible. And so far you've done nothing but spew dung upon the screen.
For the dumbass that made a referance to the fact that its the same thing as stealing from my bank account , you wasnt really listening to what I was saying.
Perhaps you "was not" thinking. That's probably the best analogy on the subject I've ever heard.
Jesus crist you people act like YOU YOURSELVES PROGRAMED THIS SHIT!!!! LET ME INFORM YOU ON SOMETHING,,,,(YOU DIDNT!)
I can't believe you spelled Christ's name wrong. Wow... You are a fucking moron. You don't know who the hell reads this board. There are almost 17,000 members here and tons of guests everyday. And I GUARANFUCKINGTEE you that there are plenty of programmers here... I almost feel sorry for you your so dumb. How old are you?14?
And for the cock sucker that made out like I was some generation X loser ,, is this what the world is coming to shit!! , YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.
I agree. There's no fucking way your that old.
:rolleyes: It's funny that YOU are the one that mentioned the word mature. What is it about 14 yr olds? Where's tyler?recpro??
Dj'fingaz? Are you next kid? Are you gonna be the next little genital wart of the month? Just fuck off ok? Go exercise your noodle and give us a break.

Oh nevermind. I see by your sight your at least 16 possibly 18. I sure as hell wouldn't say stupid shit like you say with a webpage posted. Why don't you just give out your address? The monkey mafia, huh? That's a really nice page you've got there. Just incase anbody had any confusion that your a fucking idiot, they can just check your webpage, right?

Thanks for the laugh dipstick.:cool:

okay

Well first of all, I think I did offend some people, just look at there replies?

They seem like they where at least a little pissed off? And if they where not at all offended, or I didnt make any impact at all, they would not have even replied? Would they?

I know how to spell. I am not 14. I do not care about grammer when I type, I just dont care , I dont even review my post when after I have typed it, you get what I'm saying , thats all that matters to me.

Now you, and the rest of these girls, can sit back and play the " I am way to intelligent to be offended by a low life like yourself" ,, or the "your such a child angle" , and act like you are not putting any of your personal feelings into this , that im not even worth it , and I must be some 8 year old that somehow got on this forum by accident , cause my daddy left the computer on......... All of you guys like to play this angle.

But I have noticed that none of you really gave any good responses to some of the reasons I think "low income, home recording folk, should pay for this software?

Cause my ultimate reason being,,,,"They will never be able to fork out $1000 dollars for a piece of software, so the company will never see there money, therefore it is no loss for them to download it. period...

Now you can try and take the attention off of that by attacking me. But I think I know why none of you people really agree with me.

This site is called homerecording.com,,,, But I think the people that are against pirating software , are the people that I just said should pay for it.

You obviously have confused me with someone who gives a shit.
Stealing software is wrong. But I don't really give a rat's ass (sorry rats - not you) what kind of buggy ass cracked software you run.

I'm just calling you on it because you're such a dumbass to post such shit. And your grammer and punctuation is atrocious (not to mention attitude). And you sound like a fucking idiot because of it. If you know how to speak, do it. Otherwise get used to being railed on. Why don't you go into the dragoncave and start up some shit in there.

damn?

There ya go, playing that (Im a smart guy, and your not) angle. Is that all you people do when you dont really have a response to what I was saying?

But nevermind , Just keep playing that angle. It seems to work for ya.

I state a reason , you just play the (I am a smart guy) thing???

and you (stupid boy)?

I state a reason , and just keep laying that angle

that same angle

over
and
over
and
over

Lets not forget

I did not come on here and start talking shit about people!!!

I stated what I thought!!!!

Then that blue bear guy , just started bitching me out,,,(pretty bad)

Then everyone else started in on my!!!

All I was doing was stating my opinion!

But everyone just jumped on my like a pack of wolves!!

Then I tried to explain myself , and you all called me stupid!!

SO DONT MAKE ME OUT TO BE THIS STUPID LITTLE KID THAT COME ON HERE TO START SHIT!! ALL I DID WAS STATE MY OPINION ON THE MATTER!!!

YOU ALL ARE THE ONES THAT FREAKED OUT , IN A CHILDISH WAY

Deadboy, I'm not offended by you. But I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Now anyone here who knows anything at all about recording isn't going to deal with you in any way. If you were looking for help, well, that just ain't gonna happen now. If you just want to be like the endless supply of trolls that want to come in here and try to stir up shit, you're off to a great start.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 costs 250$ on Syntrilliums site.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 costs 5500SKR (600$) in Sweden.

Fuck that!

A new Saab costs $32,000 in the US. :eek: Guess I'll have to steal one as I could never afford that crap. Only rich people could ever afford one of those babies so I think it would be OK for me to just steal one. I know the judge will see it my way.

"Resting on laurels completly invented and word acrobatics performed with both harness and net." - Josh I believe.

I probably don't have enough posts to be in this little discussion, but I like having the disc and cool box it comes in because I'm affraid...very affraid.

PS I have a half mil house, and can walk to the bay, no money in my pocket, make less than alot of people but work and save and buy what I want, why... because it rules, life is a experience that should be faced head and not sneaking behind the bushes(most of the time). It is wrong to steal...period, it makes you/us weak. I am not outraged, points have been made but someone elses moral dilema should never be an excuse for any of us to steal from a Corp. that we believe to be immoral.

PS I like expensive recording software, hardware and want an sm57 but can't afford it right now... but will, soon enough...
OT rules on Christmas, and I get to talk to all of you.
Merry Christmas all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back