Do You Like (Or Hate) Your Voice?

How do you feel about your singing voice?

• I love my voice!

Votes: 95 12.4%
  • My voice is o.k., but could be better.

Votes: 186 24.2%
  • I have mixed feelings about it.

Votes: 214 27.9%
  • My voice is not so good, but I live with it.

Votes: 103 13.4%
  • I hate hearing myself on tape. Sometimes I want to quit.

Votes: 170 22.1%

• Total voters
I like my voice but sometimes I have mixed feelings about it,
I have a very unique sound of voice
It's nasal!
But it works most of the time but sometimes I hate it.

But the most of the time you don't notice the ''nasal-ness'' of my voice

Your voice can't be as nasal as Miley's, at least I hope not.

I'm happy with my voice when I sing covers, depending on the song of course, but my own work? I haven't broken through the barrier yet.

I totally agree with this statement. I'm a guitar player, and I feel that I have a decent voice. I feel comfortable singing songs that I know (hear on the radio), but struggle with my own material or songs I write. I haven't yet discovered my range/key/or control over my voice. Any tips?

I like my singing,but hate when my voice gets stressed fast and the fact that i cant scream,not actually screaming,but some harder vocal drive.

im not a happy bunny with my voice just like many others! and yet others say i sound fine or great or good
youtube.com/liquadia1

have a listen

Im not a happy bunny with my voice either not sure why but its just 1 of them things. I suppose we all want to sound like SOMEONE and when we hear what we hear and is different we have a VERY negative opinion on it.
youtube.com/liquadia1

Have a listen to my stuff or some of, i cant stand it

I never claimed to be a good singer. However, I feel people get to hung up on that. I do it because I like to do it, and because I have nobody else to do it when I'm writing the song and doing preproduction demos. I don't sound great, but I don't really care. Do it because you love it....not because others think you can or can't.

So glad I'm not alone in HATING my own vocals. They don't sound anything like what I hear in my head, and it's so depressing. I don't know if it's because it's my own voice, but I just can't imagine someone enjoying it the way I enjoy other artists with similar styles. I keep wanting to give up, and have a few times, but I love making music so much. :(

Here's me... youtube.com/watch?v=mXnIrbn-Lo0

I think it's ok. I have mixed feelings. I have to work a lot on the belt-outs in high notes, and about the color, i can't judge if it's simple/common or rare/innovative... Whatever.

I've always liked my voice. Always been able to sing whatever harmony effortless. But I'm sure that there are some on here like me that don't like to hear their voice played back sometimes on certain songs. Even if it sounds good.

I have found - after doing multiple takes on vocal tracks, that even though my pitch might be for sh*t, I sing it pretty much the same way every time
- so at least I am consistently bad - this is the only thing I like about my voice - everything else sucks

AHHH!! i know exactly what you mean! i started off playing guitar and then realized if i wanted to play shows i would either have to join a band or learn how to sing. So i started singing and thought i was alright until i got around to recording myself. hahaha what a reality check that was.

I have found - after doing multiple takes on vocal tracks, that even though my pitch might be for sh*t, I sing it pretty much the same way every time
- so at least I am consistently bad
My problem is the opposite ~ I can pitch OK~ish but I rarely seem to sing something the same way twice. So double tracking has long been a major discipline for me. And I don't think I ever sound better after double tracking so I rarely do it now.

Back