DAW Users With ADD

I'm Back!!!!!! :)

Did ya miss me? :p

I see you managed to maintain the usual high level of meaningless drivel whilst I was away, so well done to Guy for being in charge and not letting standards improve :p Guy, you can come cook soup for me any day :cool:

Mike, thats really good news about your son, I can sense the level of incredulity in your posts - you know, the doubts about you and he sharing the same genes? :D

Anyway, I am sure you will all like to know that I had a splendid time sleeping, eating, drinking, laying around a pool, sightseeing etc. in a really beautiful setting. And there were a few yanks there too :eek: But they were okay :p

Back to reality today, hundreds of emails and one from my boss telling me I have to have a dreaded Blackberry - I have tried as hard as I can not to have one but I have lost that battle. :( I guess I can always turn the damn thing off :mad:

Now we have to choose where we are going for two weeks in August :eek:

Lifes a beach ......sometimes :)

Paul881 said:

Mike, thats really good news about your son, I can sense the level of incredulity in your posts - you know, the doubts about you and he sharing the same genes? :D
Yeah, there is a line from the Sopranos (do you get that show in England?) where Carmella and Tony are talking about their son, and she says "they say 25 is the new 21." Mine will be 25 this year, so maybe they're on to something.

Perhaps he is finally growing up. It only took 6 years of college, a loss of all his financial aid, and one arrest. :rolleyes:

Anyway, welcome back. And just think, maybe you can check out my much anticipated HR.com posts on your new Blackberry. That way you won't have to wait for them. :D

Somehow I managed to spend 40 years in the work force without ever once having a pager, company cell phone, or PIM. How the hell are you supposed to hide with all that stuff? :confused:

Somehow I managed to spend 40 years in the work force without ever once having a pager, company cell phone, or PIM

Cell phones really increased productivity for jobs like mine,but then again I've worked with guys whose phones never stop ringing.How can you get anything done like that?I'm pretty sure you can turn them off. :rolleyes:

I'm seeing Blackeberrys a lot.I have only a basic idea of what they're about,but they look like a PITA to use.Blackberry is a stupid name too.

Work
Or lack of it.
Five guys had off today,I'm off tomorrow.I don't really sweat the time off,I've got lots to do that never gets done.Music has been on the back burner for quite some time. :(

LATER!!!!

I don't mind increases in productivity but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Blackberry's allow emails to be received in real time - as if you had a lap top in your pocket always switched on. And it vibrates/sounds whenever an email is received.

The problem is that you just cannot ignore the emails coming in - I speak to guys that have one on their belt and all of a sudden, you can see their eyes drift off from concentrating on what you are saying and you know they have just reached for their Blackberry cuz they have had an email arrive and they HAVE to read it :mad:

The other issue is that people start sneaking off to read them and send emails when at home :eek: So you are always "on duty" - and no hiding place :mad:

Work is expanding at a rate of knots here, after very slow 2004/05 I am not complaining. Apart from not getting much music done. :(

Paul881 said:
I don't mind increases in productivity (
Wouldn't ANY productivity be an increase in your case? :p :p

BTW, I went to a filming of a PBS doo wop concert last night. I'm not really a big doo wop fan, but it was a Tuesday night and tix were free.

Anyway, I was a bit surprised at how bogus this was. They were instructing the audience to give standing ovations - while NO ONE was on the stage. Obviously they filmed this, and it will be spliced into the actual performances.

I wonder how the film editor will decide who deserves a standing ovation? :rolleyes:

Also, the theater was only about 1/3 filled. So, of course, they forced everyone to fill any empty seats down by the stage. And, of course, when shown on TV, they will only show audience shots of the front of the theater and it will looked like a packed house.

I was drinking a couple of beers through most of it, so I'm guessing I'll be edited out. :D

dachay2tnr said:
I was drinking a couple of beers through most of it, so I'm guessing I'll be edited out. :D

Well, its either that or you would be edited out on aesthetic grounds anyway :p
:)

dachay2tnr said:
Wouldn't ANY productivity be an increase in your case? :p :p

BTW, I went to a filming of a PBS doo wop concert last night. I'm not really a big doo wop fan, but it was a Tuesday night and tix were free.

Anyway, I was a bit surprised at how bogus this was. They were instructing the audience to give standing ovations - while NO ONE was on the stage. Obviously they filmed this, and it will be spliced into the actual performances.

I wonder how the film editor will decide who deserves a standing ovation? :rolleyes:

Also, the theater was only about 1/3 filled. So, of course, they forced everyone to fill any empty seats down by the stage. And, of course, when shown on TV, they will only show audience shots of the front of the theater and it will looked like a packed house.

I guess they make concert specials the same way we do recordings.Please tell me they don't do Austin City Limits that way. :eek:

I'm surprised that you say you don't like Doo-Wop.What do you call the stuff from your album? :confused:

How many people are going to watch a special that could only fill one third of a theater?Oh I forgot it's PBS. :rolleyes:

AAAaaRRrGggHHHh!!!!!
I've had it with kooky customers.I'd rather fix a giant door that's hanging cockeyed by a thread than put up with a customer who won't be happy until he finds something wrong. :mad:
They seem to come in bunches.

Brewers
.500 by June? :confused:

Great time of year for sausage.....

RACES!!!! :cool:

LATER!!!!!

acidrock said:
I'm surprised that you say you don't like Doo-Wop.What do you call the stuff from your album? :confused:
The album is doo wop. But that doesn't mean I like it. ;)

Basically I enjoy harmony singing, and I'll pretty much sing anything. However, I wouldn't necessarily choose to listen to it.

These days we don't sing doo wop anymore (although there may be one or two songs in our repertoire that fall into that category).

Sports
I'm beginning to think it is time to put a fork in the Yankees. It's a mystery to me how with the players they have they just can't seem to put it together. When they hit, they don't pitch. When they pitch, they don't hit.

Good luck to the Brewers. (I'll root for anyone who isn't Boston or the Mets.) :)

I put this in another thread, but like most of my threads, it fell like a rock. So I'll repeat it here in case you missed it.

I met an older woman at a club last night.

She was OK for 57, we drank a bit, had a bit of a chat and she asked if I'd ever had the sportsman's double, a mother and daughter threesome?

I said no.

We drank a bit more, then she says that tonight was my lucky night.

I went back to her place.

She put the hall light on & and shouted upstairs:
"Mom you still awake?"

:D :D

dachay2tnr said:
I put this in another thread, but like most of my threads, it fell like a rock. So I'll repeat it here in case you missed it.

I met an older woman at a club last night.

She was OK for 57, we drank a bit, had a bit of a chat and she asked if I'd ever had the sportsman's double, a mother and daughter threesome?

I said no.

We drank a bit more, then she says that tonight was my lucky night.

I went back to her place.

She put the hall light on & and shouted upstairs:
"Mom you still awake?"

:D :D

Love it!!!! :D :D :D

dachay2tnr said:
The album is doo wop. But that doesn't mean I like it. ;)

Basically I enjoy harmony singing, and I'll pretty much sing anything. However, I wouldn't necessarily choose to listen to it.

These days we don't sing doo wop anymore (although there may be one or two songs in our repertoire that fall into that category).

The other night wifey and I searched through hundreds of satelite TV channels and still couldn't find anything worth watching so we listened to some old Tamla Motown stuff instead.

God do they sound great, even after all these years. The quality of the songwriting, mixing and mastering was supreme. (no pun intended ;) )

So I have decided to play all my old Album stuff that I haven't heard in years. Its good to refresh your ears now and again ;)

The joke
It was a hit in my shop,except for the one guy who didn't get it.He never gets anything though.

Motown
Or Motown like music.
I like the O-jays,Chi-lites,Spinners,Temptations.Basically any group that wears matching polyester sequined outfits and has choreographed dance moves.
Oh I see her face everywhere I go,
on the street or even at the picture show
have you seen her?
Tell me have you seen her?

Now that's music. :cool: It makes me wish I could sing.

Today
Cut the grass.
Finish sealing a second batch of new furniture.
Get brake job on truck.
Maybe pick up a guitar. :(

Brewers
Slip sliding away.........

LATER!!!!

acidrock said:
Brewers
Slip sliding away.........
Not nearly as bad as the Yankees. :( Ten games out of first place, and they are playing the Mets and using rookie pitchers both today and tomorrow. One has never had a major league start. :o

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait until Clemens comes to save us. :rolleyes:

Oh, btw, yesterday was Friday. ;)

The weather
It hit 80 yesterday,todays high will be around 50. :eek:

Family
My brother stopped by yesterday and didn't look too bad.He's talking better and needs to gain some weight.He also is becoming aware of things that he hadn't really paid any attention to over the past decade or so.

Brewers
If you said the Brewers were going to be nine games over .500 near the end of May I would've took it,except for the fact they were fourteen over around a week ago.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait until Clemens comes to save us
Is George getting into sausage races?I mean he did hire the most expensive weenie out there.
I'm wondering what he's got left in the tank.

Today
I think I will F##k off all day.

LATER!!!!

acidrock said:
Family
My brother stopped by yesterday and didn't look too bad.He's talking better and needs to gain some weight.He also is becoming aware of things that he hadn't really paid any attention to over the past decade or so.

LATER!!!!

That's good progress Guy, let's hope he continues to see the value in his life.

On a sadder note, my Father in law was taken into a Hospice on Friday and all the family is gathering now each day as his life slowly slips away. His five daughters and son together with the sons & daughters-in-law, various grand-children are quite a crowd but it is amazing how close it is bonding everyone together.

It is also interesting to see how each person is dealing with the grief and stress in different ways. From what they are saying, it could be the end of the week or next weekend before he passes away, most of the time he is just comatized and when he comes around he is delirious and confused. His wife has realised that she has now had her last conversation with him that was lucid and that's very sad after all these years.

On a lighter note, last night, driving my daughters home just the three of us (wifey stayed in the relatives room at the Hospice) we got talking and they started comparing their upbringing with those of their cousins.

They told me that they really appreciated the fact that I never treated them like "Daddies little Princess" and gave them the space to develop on their own with strong guidelines of right and wrong and how I never got possessive with them over boyfriends. Also, that I never drove at 2.00am and waited for them to come out of night clubs as a "surprise" like other dads did. But they especially appreciated that I intilled in them that there was a world out there that girls can grab just as much as boys :cool:

So on the whole, I got a C+ which is not bad being as I was thinking I was an E- :)

Paul
I wish you and your family strength in your time of sadness.While your father in law may leave this world soon,his influence will live on in the hearts of his family.

Retirement
I just took a vow of poverty and increased my 401K contribution to a little over a days pay.Considering I'm working four days a week I'm spreading it a little thin. :eek: I'm not looking at early retirement,I've got to work till 65+ :( ,rather I just want to be able to call my own shots employment wise once I hit a certain age....hopefully. :rolleyes:

Maybe in twenty years from now I can be just like the other slackers in this thread. :D

Today
Off to the hardware store,misc. chores afterward.Music?Hah,I forgot how to play. :(

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Paul
I wish you and your family strength in your time of sadness.While your father in law may leave this world soon,his influence will live on in the hearts of his family.

Retirement
I just took a vow of poverty and increased my 401K contribution to a little over a days pay.Considering I'm working four days a week I'm spreading it a little thin. :eek: I'm not looking at early retirement,I've got to work till 65+ :( ,rather I just want to be able to call my own shots employment wise once I hit a certain age....hopefully. :rolleyes:

Maybe in twenty years from now I can be just like the other slackers in this thread. :D

Today
Off to the hardware store,misc. chores afterward.Music?Hah,I forgot how to play. :(

LATER!!!

Thanks for your words and thoughts Guy, much appreciated.

My geetar fingers have gone soft through so much non-playing :(

The problem with my current sharesaver and pension plans are that if anything happend to my firm like ENRON , I would have a severe dent in my retirement fortunes :(

Doesn't bear thinking about :(

Back