DAW Users With ADD

Sorry to hear about about your father-in-law, Paul. I guess this was to be expected, but that doesn't make it any easier.

My friend's funeral was last week. Yes, I went. There was no viewing, however. Just the closed casket in a church service, and later to the cemetery. He was being put in a mausoleum, so there was no actual burial either. It made it all seem a bit unreal.

They had a lunch afterwards where they showed a Powerpoint presentation containing about 100 photos of him, placed in chronological order (20's, 30's, etc) and set to a sound track. It was fairly well done and a nice way to remember him.

Unfortunately there were no photos of me, which would have made it much more aesthetically pleasing. :)

dachay2tnr said:
My friend's funeral was last week. Yes, I went. There was no viewing, however. Just the closed casket in a church service, and later to the cemetery. He was being put in a mausoleum, so there was no actual burial either. It made it all seem a bit unreal.

:)
I prefer closed casket,that's the way the last few were in my family.Usually there's a large spread of pictures and that's what everyone views.Everyone gets cremated too,thats what I'd want.

On a sadder note, Carol's Dad has now been given 2-4 weeks to live so I have come back home this evening instead of staying away. He will die of Renal failure - his kidneys are giving up. The prognosis is that he will sleep more and more and then drift into a coma and then slowly slip away. In a strange way, the sooner the better is the best we can hope for - saving a micacle.

I hope for you the best in this difficult situation Paul.You really have no choices or input rather than waiting and reacting to what happens and that can make you feel helpless. :(

On to happier things...
The MP3
I've played along with the mp3 and it got my wheels spinning.
Would it be possible to get the vocal track and MIDI files? :confused:
If you were to do that I would promise you nothing in return,and believe me,I keep my promises. ;)

The weather
Cold,nasty.Two weeks ago it was above normal,now it's below normal. :( :mad:

LATER!!!

LATER!!!!

acidrock said:
I prefer closed casket,that's the way the last few were in my family.Usually there's a large spread of pictures and that's what everyone views.Everyone gets cremated too,thats what I'd want.

I have never been to an open casket funeral - that seems to be a "non-English" way of doing things but certainly, in older times, my Dad and Mom as children can both remember having an open casket of their Grandparents in their front room where friends and family came around for a few days before the funeral to pay their last respects.

acidrock said:
I hope for you the best in this difficult situation Paul.You really have no choices or input rather than waiting and reacting to what happens and that can make you feel helpless. :(

Thanks Guy, you are as ever, spot on. I just look at my wife falling apart with this and don't know what to do or to say. We are going to see him tomorrow and Sunday.

acidrock said:
On to happier things...
The MP3
I've played along with the mp3 and it got my wheels spinning.
Would it be possible to get the vocal track and MIDI files? :confused:
If you were to do that I would promise you nothing in return,and believe me,I keep my promises. ;)

Guy, do you mean the My Friend track from Becki? Or are you talking about another MP3 :confused: If you mean My Friend then I would be happy to send the files to you. :)

[
acidrock said:
B]The weather[/B]
Cold,nasty.Two weeks ago it was above normal,now it's below normal. :( :mad:

LATER!!!

Weather here is beautiful and expected to be so all over the four day Easter Weekend. Had a new part arrive yesterday to fix my Mountain bike so looks like I may even get a ride over the holidays too :) I do look wonderful in Lycra ;) :cool:

Paul881 said:
in older times, my Dad and Mom as children can both remember having an open casket of their Grandparents in their front room where friends and family came around for a few days before the funeral to pay their last respects.
That's pretty much how it is "typically" done here - except it is not done at one's house, but at the funeral parlor instead. It's called a "wake" or a "viewing." Normally the casket is open, unless the deceased has been disfigured by an accident or some disease. However, the family can also choose to have a the casket closed if they so wish.

You may recall a scene from the Godfather where Sonny is killed in a hailstorm of bullets. Marlo Brando then calls on the undertaker, who owes him a favor, to use "all his power and skills" to fix him up cosmetically, saying, "I don't want his mother to see him this way."

Wakes used to go on for a couple of days. With usually both an afternoon and an evening viewing each day. However, it seems that more and more they are being reduced to just one day - or even just a single viewing (or in my friend's case, no viewing at all). It's just as well in my opinion.

I do look wonderful in Lycra
How in the hell am I supposed to burn that image from my eyes. Oh the humanity. :( :(

Morning all....no words of wisdom from this side of teh Earth....best of luck in your serious endeavors.

Guy, it's gonna be 72 and sunny here....better take a vacaion, and head my way this weekend. :D

I know you boys are going to find this hard to believe but as it's Thursday and I am off tomorrow through Monday next week on a four day Easter break, I thought I would open a bottle of wine - a cheeky little Gamay which is slipping down rather well.

Daughter #2 is in the kitchen cooking the pot roast beef, the sunset is spectacular and life is looking....mellow ;)

Guy, do you mean the My Friend track from Becki?
That's the one!
I was fiddling around with it the other night.I'm figuring it would be more interesting if I could get the dry vocal and MIDI,that would be a reasonably small file.

Anybody else in?Maybe someone who has a lot of time on his hands? :confused: :rolleyes:

Guy, it's gonna be 72 and sunny here....better take a vacaion, and head my way this weekend
I'm on a four day weekend after tamale. :cool:
We've got beer in Milwaukee,I'll see you when I need some potatoes. :D

LATER!!!

dachay2tnr said:
What are you looking for from me? Tambourine??

Do your own thing.

I thought the Dogman thing came off pretty well,this would be more suited to your talents.

Myself I'd like to render the MIDI to my files and get my hands on that vocal track and see what else happens.

dachay2tnr said:
Gorty - that picture you sent definitely deserves a closed casket. :eek:

Please tell me that's not you. :o

I wish I could! :D :D :D

You are talking about the pic I sent in your rep aren't you? :confused: :D

Gorty said:
You are talking about the pic I sent in your rep aren't you? :confused: :D
Yeah! There's no way I can respond to the rep, so I figured I'd give it a public hearing here.

For those in the dark, here's what we're talking about... :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• gorty.jpg
    gorty.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
dachay2tnr said:
Yeah! There's no way I can respond to the rep, so I figured I'd give it a public hearing here.

For those in the dark, here's what we're talking about... :eek: :eek:

12 years old, all dressed up by my sisters! :D

acidrock said:
Do your own thing.

I thought the Dogman thing came off pretty well,this would be more suited to your talents.

Myself I'd like to render the MIDI to my files and get my hands on that vocal track and see what else happens.

Hey Guy, no problem, Becki and I would love to see what you can come up with. I am at home all day tomorrow studying so will have some time to send the midi and dry vocal MP3 to you :)

Gorty said:
12 years old, all dressed up by my sisters! :D

Blimey :eek: :eek: :eek:

Reminds me, my wifes friend some years ago found that her 10 year old son was dressing in her underwear and stockings and going to bed in her sisters night clothes. :eek:

Gorty, I have to say you were a very pretty 12 year old and posting a picture here as evidence is an act of bravery that deserves a medal ;)

Was there a reason for the dressing up or were your sisters bored one school vacation? :)

Paul881 said:
Hey Guy, no problem, Becki and I would love to see what you can come up with. I am at home all day tomorrow studying so will have some time to send the midi and dry vocal MP3 to you :)

Sounds great! :cool:

Gorty
Well I can now say I'm glad I didn't have any sisters.

Oh yeah and...IT'S FRIDAY!!!!
I'm off till Wednesday

LATER!!!

Back