Colaborations

I figure we could use the chatroom 2 meet up for chat in real time and then use aol/yahoo 2 send files or maybe e-mail - then it means that we don't all need 2 download + install the same programs.

hey what's up fellas

dang this joint done blew the hella up

sorry I haven't posted in a minute, been hella busy
doing army stuff. But peep it.......

i'm feeling the concept of each team doing 1/2 of the beat.
Like team 1 would do the first half of the beat and Team 2
would do the second half of the beat, but ultimately keeping
the same feel and using about the same instruments and tone.
so the song doesn't sound boring, but has the same general feel.

The best way to me would be to email "wav" files back and forth.
We can use the aim chat windows to send files back and forth too. That way would probably be better cause most people have very small limits set for attachments they can receive. When we make these tracks, i think we should only send parts of the beat you really need. Like let's say we are working on the chorus, well i don't need the whole song i just need like 4 bars and then i can copy and paste the rest. That way we don't have to worry about the wav files getting super big. A matter of fact 4 bars should be the size limit for any file being sent to each other except for the vocals. Using the "bars" system i think would make this thing run alot smoother and easier for everyone that doesn't have broadband access.

Aight NOW TO SQUARE BIDNESS!!!!1

I'm feeling the concept to spit about ya hunger to rap...that's the topic song tempo is going to be 93 BPM....gravy that's the tempo
aight Abyyss & Nick tell me which element you want to handle on this song?
1. bassline
2. drumline
3. hook melody
4. verse melody
5. sound effect fillers
6. verse vocals
7. hook vocals
8. intro vocals
9. outro vocals

I prefer to do the drumline and bassline but if yall want them let me know. I'ma get started on 3 songs(just the bassline and drumline) and then we'll pick one and flip it; When we are
finished, we'll do the other 2 joints. I'm at work right now it's 1:21pm March 31st I should be home by 5:30pm today and I should have the 3 joints done by 7:30pm. Let me know the times that you guys usually get online so i can try to be on during that time(I'm usually on after 5:30 everyday until about 11pm). Abyyss, I know you are, what about 5 hours ahead of us? We can use the chat room you created when we are online to talk in
realtime while the files are being sent back and forth.

For the vocals, if everyone would record like 2 bars of emptyness before they spit their verse it would help with lining up the vocals perfectly.

Aight Fellas
We bout to do tha damn thang
That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

flossyboy said:
hey what's up fellas

dang this joint done blew the hella up

sorry I haven't posted in a minute, been hella busy
doing army stuff. But peep it.......

i'm feeling the concept of each team doing 1/2 of the beat.
Like team 1 would do the first half of the beat and Team 2
would do the second half of the beat, but ultimately keeping
the same feel and using about the same instruments and tone.
so the song doesn't sound boring, but has the same general feel.

The best way to me would be to email "wav" files back and forth.
We can use the aim chat windows to send files back and forth too. That way would probably be better cause most people have very small limits set for attachments they can receive. When we make these tracks, i think we should only send parts of the beat you really need. Like let's say we are working on the chorus, well i don't need the whole song i just need like 4 bars and then i can copy and paste the rest. That way we don't have to worry about the wav files getting super big. A matter of fact 4 bars should be the size limit for any file being sent to each other except for the vocals. Using the "bars" system i think would make this thing run alot smoother and easier for everyone that doesn't have broadband access.

Aight NOW TO SQUARE BIDNESS!!!!1

I'm feeling the concept to spit about ya hunger to rap...that's the topic song tempo is going to be 93 BPM....gravy that's the tempo
aight Abyyss & Nick tell me which element you want to handle on this song?
1. bassline
2. drumline
3. hook melody
4. verse melody
5. sound effect fillers
6. verse vocals
7. hook vocals
8. intro vocals
9. outro vocals

I prefer to do the drumline and bassline but if yall want them let me know. I'ma get started on 3 songs(just the bassline and drumline) and then we'll pick one and flip it; When we are
finished, we'll do the other 2 joints. I'm at work right now it's 1:21pm March 31st I should be home by 5:30pm today and I should have the 3 joints done by 7:30pm. Let me know the times that you guys usually get online so i can try to be on during that time(I'm usually on after 5:30 everyday until about 11pm). Abyyss, I know you are, what about 5 hours ahead of us? We can use the chat room you created when we are online to talk in
realtime while the files are being sent back and forth.

For the vocals, if everyone would record like 2 bars of emptyness before they spit their verse it would help with lining up the vocals perfectly.

Aight Fellas
That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

Yep, 5 hours.

I'm def. doing a verse and if no one else wants 2 I'll do tha intro. + outro, but if someone's got bags then all's cool. I'd be keen on doing vocals on tha hook too, but I think it definately have >1 people spittin' (on the hook, that is).

As far as beat, I have a cack set-up back here. So if I do anything it'll probably be added some change-ups in tha back. I've got aight choir sounds (not samples) and gunshots n' shit, too.

Hell yeah!

I can see that the time difference may cause a few problems, but it ain't nuthin' we can't handle. 10:30 is pushing it a bit for me as it is, so it's only gonna be like 10:30-11 (5:30-6 4 u) so I'll be in real time, etc. when I can otherwise I'll just catch up the next day an' maybe leave a nice package 4 y'all 2 pick up l8r (when I'm in bed:) (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

U'll have 2 put up with this when u move ova here 2, flossy.

Jug and Hi d, If you guys could make your stuff available for download It would be easier to work with. Right now I only can stream them.

cool

i'll make it available, i must of forgotten. i was asking hi_ to do the same thing.

yo flossy, you don't have to do 3 songs, you just have to do one with your team and if you like each individual can remix it on their own. team one is responsible for their own beat, as well as team 2. the only thing both teams will have in common is the tempo and the concept.

Alright guys, sorry I haven't been posting, but works been killing me. Fossy, I can do any part of the beat you want. Being my low end is usually shit, you can take the drums and bass. I can work on the melodies. I'll def be writing and doing vocals for this. I'll do a verse and either an outro or an intro, whichever if cool with you guys. Alright, I don't have AIM, so I guess I should DL it.

Flossy, send me the drums and bass when ya get it done through e-mail if you could. Highest possible mp3 quality, even if it's just for now so I can get a feel for it. And feel free to e-mail me any concepts or ideas you have and I'll do the same. You know me address.

-Springfield

Aight fellas i got the 3 joints done(My bad Jug, I just did 3 tracks all 3 different feels so we have more of a choice to choose from......being from the south what i think is hot might not seem that hot to Abyss(U.K....so probably influenced by the east coast more) and Nick(east coast cat)...so i always do 2 east coast type tracks to my southern tracks..........you know southern folks support their independent scene more than the east coast does..so to me the work seems easier)

Nick:
i'ma email you (2) 4 bar beat parts, which will be the drums and bassline for the hook, and then i'm going to email you another 4bar beat part which will be the drums and bassline for the verses.

I split the hook beat parts up in to (2) 4 bar beat parts so I can email them one at a time. It's faster to email smaller broken up parts than to email one big joint. Then you just put them together side by side and then copy and paste them for an 8 bar hook.
With the part for the verses, just copy and paste that joint 4 times and that'll give us the 16 bars for each verse. This gives us the basics for the song now. Then you go ahead and put the melody on the joint. when you got the melody laced up, email me the 4 bar melody parts.....only the melody wav file and i should be able to just import it and line it up.

Abyss:
Aight mayne, i'ma send you the same hook and verse parts that i'ma send Nick and you just copy and paste it like i've described above(8 bar hook, 16 bar verses). When he gets the melodies down and sent to me, i'ma make sure everything lines up and then i'll send you the melody wav files, and then you can come up with some instrument change ups and through some of them choir samples in the background. When you get them laced up send me the wav files in 4bar parts(again only export the sounds you added, i should be able to line them up perfectly if they are in the 4bar size.)

After we got the music all layed out(basics-wise) we'll do our verses and come up with a hook, intro,and outro.

i should be home at 5:30 today so i'll email the ish to yall to day starting at 6:30.

Aight fellas we bout to CAKE IT UP
That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

do your thing playboy

originally posted by flossyboy
Aight fellas i got the 3 joints done(My bad Jug, I just did 3 tracks all 3 different feels so we have more of a choice to choose from......being from the south what i think is hot might not seem that hot to Abyss(U.K....so probably influenced by the east coast more) and Nick(east coast cat)...so i always do 2 east coast type tracks to my southern tracks..........you know southern folks support their independent scene more than the east coast does..so to me the work seems easier)

you didn't do anything wrong. as a matter of fact you are on top of your game. do your thing dog, i just didn't want yall to be misinformed and go through unnecessary trouble thinking there had to be three songs laced. you are right, it is good to have a variety to choose from. this thing is picking up. hopefullly we can get someone on this forum who is the ish at mixing and home mastering to hook the finshed songs up for us so some of these dj's on this forum can rock it at one of their gigs.

flossyboy said:

Nick:
i'ma email you (2) 4 bar beat parts, which will be the drums and bassline for the hook, and then i'm going to email you another 4bar beat part which will be the drums and bassline for the verses.

I split the hook beat parts up in to (2) 4 bar beat parts so I can email them one at a time. It's faster to email smaller broken up parts than to email one big joint. Then you just put them together side by side and then copy and paste them for an 8 bar hook.
With the part for the verses, just copy and paste that joint 4 times and that'll give us the 16 bars for each verse. This gives us the basics for the song now. Then you go ahead and put the melody on the joint. when you got the melody laced up, email me the 4 bar melody parts.....only the melody wav file and i should be able to just import it and line it up.

Abyss:
Aight mayne, i'ma send you the same hook and verse parts that i'ma send Nick and you just copy and paste it like i've described above(8 bar hook, 16 bar verses). When he gets the melodies down and sent to me, i'ma make sure everything lines up and then i'll send you the melody wav files, and then you can come up with some instrument change ups and through some of them choir samples in the background. When you get them laced up send me the wav files in 4bar parts(again only export the sounds you added, i should be able to line them up perfectly if they are in the 4bar size.)

After we got the music all layed out(basics-wise) we'll do our verses and come up with a hook, intro,and outro.

i should be home at 5:30 today so i'll email the ish to yall to day starting at 6:30.

Aight fellas we bout to CAKE IT UP
That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

Actually I have a wide range of tastes + I'm in2 quite a lot of west coast shit. I like quite a bit o' southern shit as well (diggin' DTP's "Move Bitch"). Though it does seem 2 be east coast shit that breaks in ova here, though. (Some of it is so pathetic - u should hear it:rolleyes: - I hear Ms. Dynamite's hittin' US now, BTW - well, at least that's one thing we got before u :D - she ain't bad, actually)

Again, I'll try 2 be on @ 5:30 (your time) but I can't promise nething.

Sounds cool. R u sendin' all 3 or just the one u like best?

Either's cool.

If u send all 3 then I'll tell ya' which I'm feelin' most, so we can work out which is tha hottest between us.

So at the moment for the basics of the beat r we just havin' verse-hook-verse-hook-verse-hook? Or hook-verse-hook-verse-hook-verse-hook?

yeppy yep

i was feelin the beat and decided to write to it without the hook. i'm ready for the rest of the puzzle to come into place. i have a good feeling about this.

aiight

he sent me a pm saying that he was going to do something tonight. he said if he don't feel like it's hot he will let us take care of it. dude be coming with it so i told him whatever he produces i'm sure to like it and run wit it

Back