Colaborations

Re: yo

jugalo180 said:
abyss you are a dedicated member, did you know you can get a customize avatar?

Yep, I just haven't found the perfect one yet.

Hold on.......

originally posted by abyys
Aight, I'll start now. 16 bars is it?

93 bpm?

'Coz I need 2 write it in time (u know how it is).

Any particular subject in mind?

I'll start playing around with chorus ideas too (we are having voacls on the chorus, aren't we?)

yo, you might want to wait on the melody and more importantly the chorus for the inspiration.

I agree with jug we need short deadlines so we can get this done. I for one don't like to let project drag on. If some needs some extra time to get something done then we can adjust . I think having short deadlines is a good thing. I also like the remixes of the song Ideas. So are we doing 2 different songs because we have 2 teams or are we having one work on one thing and the other team work on something different? Or is it that we are 2 seperate teams calaborating on 2 seperate songs.

I think it's all one song, but it sounds like it's gonna be in two bits, with the same hook that every1 works on.

Maybe halfway through the song the beat changes yet still coming back to the original hook. That'd be cool.

NB: I don't mind short deadlines, just not too short 'coz if I'm not in the right frame of mind I can't always right at my best (+ I wanna be @ my best), although when I am at the right frame of mind I "keep coming up with funky-ass almost every single day" - Snoop.

originally posted by chalin27
So are we doing 2 different songs because we have 2 teams or are we having one work on one thing and the other team work on something different? Or is it that we are 2 seperate teams calaborating on 2 seperate songs.

each team will do their own song(beat, hook, verses) but the concept has to be the same. if it's money, both teams rap about money, if it's women, both teams rap about women, so on, and so on.

^

Yeah, like 1 song split into 2.

e.g. "{insert name} Part 1" by Team 1 and "{same name} Part 2" by Team 2

Right, we all need 2 decide on a topic.

Any ideas? It'll have 2 be something any1 can flow about.

Originally posted by Jugalo180
i know nick and flossy will be dying to lace as much of the beat as they can, trust me.

As long as it's strong, hard hitting, emotional and maybe has some nice choir-style sounds in with lots of change-ups I'll be happy:D

(I don't ask for much, do I:D)

lets get biz then. from what i got so far the tempo is 93 bpm.

i really think we should be doing this by email so that we can send the files back and forth as wav files and keep the quality up rather than compressing down to mp3s. cuz by the time we're done we will have compressed the shit about at least 3 or 4 times.

But if we gotta go the mp3 route we need to the post the links via PM so that the shit dont leak before we're finished.

originally posted by hi_d_ho_man
lets get biz then. from what i got so far the tempo is 93 bpm.

i really think we should be doing this by email so that we can send the files back and forth as wav files and keep the quality up rather than compressing down to mp3s. cuz by the time we're done we will have compressed the shit about at least 3 or 4 times.

But if we gotta go the mp3 route we need to the post the links via PM so that the shit dont leak before we're finished.

i feel that.

the problem most of us may face with sending it via e-mail is that the each of the wave files that make up the song's elements can be as huge as 100mb. most of us have the 5mb of free storage that is provided with e-mail.

but if it's done like this it wouldn't have to be compressed so many times. check this, everyone downloads a piece of the puzzle and uploads their added material with the puzzle and another with their added material seperate. for example, if i added vocals for the third verse i will upload my vocals mixed into the song and another upload will just have my vocals acapella.

the upload with my vocals included with the song will let the other team members know where to place my vocals and the acapella will only be compressed once for upload and converted back to wave then compressed once more in the individual final mix that will take place on everyones own hard drive. so each element in the entire song should only have gone through two compressions and one decompression.

another example of what i'm saying is; on your hard drive you have your original vocals, you download an mp3 of the drum track, the other two team members acapella verses from their sites, the melody mp3, the chorus mp3, you then mix it down on your own computer.

for the remix, you can change the drum track, but keeping the same tempo, unless you want to screw it. you can change the melody, change the hook. switch the verses around, add your own samples. you can do whatever you want. the original mix will be used to show case on an individual level, mixing skillz, delivery, verbal talent, production. on a team level it will showcase; teamwork, creativity.

the remix(this is where it should get really exciting), is where everyone can show off thier talents furthermore.

if anyone has any other ideas bring em up. i just know that the e-mail will be a big hassle. if everyone had ftp's that would be great.

jugalo180 said:
for the remix, you can change the drum track, but keeping the same tempo, unless you want to screw it. you can change the melody, change the hook. switch the verses around, add your own samples. you can do whatever you want. the original mix will be used to show case on an individual level, mixing skillz, delivery, verbal talent, production. on a team level it will showcase; teamwork, creativity.

the remix(this is where it should get really exciting), is where everyone can show off thier talents furthermore.

if anyone has any other ideas bring em up. i just know that the e-mail will be a big hassle. if everyone had ftp's that would be great.

Yeah. I've can only send up to 3megs w/ yahoo. Where would I get an ftp? 'Coz that'd be cool if it didn't cost anything :-)D) - Maybe someone could set-up a server/ftp/whateva that comes up w/ a log-in at the start. All our names and passswords (obviously different 2 our ones here) would be taken in by that one person and we could log-in, where then we'd be able to see all the files there + be able 2 upload more. Anyone who isn't signed with an account will either face a blank page or get transferred 2 another page (about:blank maybe?). NB: This server could then be used for any further collaberations, just by changing the signed up users to whoeva that person is collaberation with at the time.

As for remix - (I'll be using lots of samples;)) would u like be able 2 add more verses/remove or shorten verses or lengthen them. Maybe change the chorus if u ain't happy w/ it? Would u like be able 2 remix Team 1's song if u r in Team 2?

This is gonna be good, we just need a subject.

Re: here is an idea

jugalo180 said:
i vote the subject matter should be your hunger to rhyme.

I didn't notice this before. I like that idea.

What does every1 else think?

Oh and Jugalo r u on yahoo messenger?

Just had a cool idea - (for the remixes) we could sample the original tracks and use that as a sample for the remix.

originally posted by abyyss
Oh and Jugalo r u on yahoo messenger?

no, but i can get on it though.

i'm waiting on my mates to respond wherever they are are are are. lol

U know, we've taken ova this thread:rolleyes:

If you click on the no. of posts it shows that we've both posted about 20, every1 else has posted like 5 n' shit. lo.

yo

that remix idea you have is a hot one.

originally posted by abyyss
U know, we've taken ova this thread

it's the weekend and people probably went out clubbin and networkin, but i'm trying to get this show on the road. all i need is the other two peices of the puzzle(melody, hook). man, if it was someone else as interested in this as us, i would jump on another team.

Back