Clarify the term "Drum Overheads"

Edit - never mind. I was thinking of something else.

The real troll is the guy that gets banned and keeps coming back under different usernames.

I think it's maybe that 4tracker guy.

Hey, don't forget Tad. He's in on it too.

Nah, he's just jumping on our wagon.
We're the real badasses.

I had hoped that in my 13 years on the forum I had solidified my status as a shameless bullying troll, but I guess not. *sigh* I guess I'll just go back to beating up the neighborhood kids and parking in the "expecting mothers only" spots at the grocery store. And I guess that these paper sacks full of dog poop aren't going to ignite themselves on my neighbors' doorsteps...

I'm starting to think that the OP didn't skip a dose of his meds, but he instead doubled down on them today. This thread is a perfect dumpster fire to keep us all entertained on a Friday. Keep up the good work!

Nah, he's just jumping on our wagon.
We're the real badasses.

Well...all I can say is...I must be slipping. :facepalm:
I guess I've become gentler and softer the last couple of years, seeing how I too was always the one accused of trolling and bullying.

I'm going to have to up my game, or people might start calling me a "nice guy". :p

Well...all I can say is...I must be slipping. :facepalm:
I guess I've become gentler and softer the last couple of years, seeing how I too was always the one accused of trolling and bullying.

I'm going to have to up my game, or people might start calling me a "nice guy". :p

Maybe you've just gone up a level to ninja! :eek:

Instead of using such patriarchal and neo-classical mic deployments such as kick, snare and a pair of overheads, and thus having to deal with the restrictive OH-FK and OH-CY terminological proposed in this thread, I tend to cluster a bunch of mics in various more or less random locations and orientations around the kit.

As I'm miking the entire kit, this approach will henceforth be known as the Cluster-FK method, in honour of this thread. ;)

Instead of using such patriarchal and neo-classical mic deployments such as kick, snare and a pair of overheads, and thus having to deal with the restrictive OH-FK and OH-CY terminological proposed in this thread, I tend to cluster a bunch of mics in various more or less random locations and orientations around the kit.

As I'm miking the entire kit, this approach will henceforth be known as the Cluster-FK method, in honour of this thread. ;)

I've been toying with miking the kit from a lower position in the room. Maybe even going as far as miking each kit piece from underneath. I'll even put the overheads underneath the kit (rendering them "underheads"). In a show of solidarity with your innovation, I shall call my patented miking method FK-U.

WOW...I can't believe I missed this train wreck... I gotta spend some more time here. lol

Hey Chili, don't you have a log of IP addresses that this guy could be? Seems you have always been able to call out the assholes. I said log and assholes in the same paragraph! I must be a troll too. :(

Sorry for wasting members time...

For the people you are slamming, I suggest you go back and listen to some of their music, Greg_L for example records some really awesome drum and guitar tracks. you can learn alot here but not with the route you are taking. :wtf:

Somehow I feel like I ended up in the wrong grouping here. :(

No offense to the other "helpful" folks. I was just thinking out loud, as I often do...usually not considered helpful.

I, sometimes, find myself wondering about the intent behind the word "troll'.
Is the intention "trawl" because it would fit? Is the intention the critter who used to live under the bridge and harrass the rather gruff trio of billygoats, (and where were the nanny goats may I ask?),?
I took OH literally and when recording my eKit I put a mic over my head. I also aimed a mic at the kick & snare pads. I noted some stranbge resonance from the mic over my head. A kind of echoy, roomy, boomy sound. I had to do a lot of EQing to get a usable sound from the tracks of the mic'd snare & kick pads.
My OH mic couldn't record the symbols. I had to revert to a video camera and the sound in that wasn't very good as the symbols weren't very loud.
I decided to put a sign in my song to make it clear that the cymbals were symbolic.
How do I describe my recording set up of 1 usb midday, 1 OH mic, 1 snare pad mic & 1 kick pad mic?

I, sometimes, find myself wondering about the intent behind the word "troll'.
Is the intention "trawl" because it would fit? Is the intention the critter who used to live under the bridge and harrass the rather gruff trio of billygoats, (and where were the nanny goats may I ask?),?
I took OH literally and when recording my eKit I put a mic over my head. I also aimed a mic at the kick & snare pads. I noted some stranbge resonance from the mic over my head. A kind of echoy, roomy, boomy sound. I had to do a lot of EQing to get a usable sound from the tracks of the mic'd snare & kick pads.
My OH mic couldn't record the symbols. I had to revert to a video camera and the sound in that wasn't very good as the symbols weren't very loud.
I decided to put a sign in my song to make it clear that the cymbals were symbolic.
How do I describe my recording set up of 1 usb midday, 1 OH mic, 1 snare pad mic & 1 kick pad mic?

USBMIDOHSNKICKPADMIC-?

Sounds relevant... I will update my posts accordingly.

Oops, I forgot the: :facepalm:

Back