BEST UNDERRATED GUITARISTS---------

Oh Yeah...

and Canada's answer to Lynnard Skynnard (creators of the everything all the time school of guitar)...DOUG FEAVER!

Another Canadian........Domonic Troiano.
He played with the James Gang on a couple of things after Walsh's departure,and I have a solo album that is great.I don't know if I spelled his name right.

3 in rock circles...

Lindsey Buckingham...very tasty fingerpicking
Trevor Rabin...great player who always slips under the radar
Don Felder...probably the most sadly overlooked of them all.

Good call on Trevor Rabin. He's an amazing guitarist. I love the way he incorporates the whole-tone scale into his playing....most rock musicians don't have a clue what that is. I've seen him play live many, many times and when he is on, he is really on. Yes fans generally hate the album Talk but it has killer guitar work.

Robbie Blunt who played on the first few Robert Plant solo albums is also someone who was great in the 80's. Very over-looked player. I still love the album called Pictures at Eleven. For those who question Phil Collins' drumming ability, just take a listen to that CD. Some of the best rock drumming ever.

Welcome,Elco.Good calls indeed.Trevor Rabin is very versatile,and Don Felder is greatly overlooked....he is really tasty.Lindsey Buckingham is always playing the right part.Even Joe Walsh is overlooked-----he is a complete package----writer,player,and singer.

Just joined this BBL today - my first posting...

Here's some names to add:

Neil Geraldo (Pat Benatar) tasty solos, very clean player!

Elliot Easton (The Cars) same as above...

Ted Nugent could play his ass off! Check out "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" from the Double Live Gonzo album

Uli Jon Roth (Early Scorpions) Yngwie WISHES he could play like that! He has the Hendrix touch w/the Blackmore classical vibe, and sooooooo melodic too!

I realize this is heavy on the 70's rock thing, but I'll letcha know I'm a huge fan of Belew, Hedges, Stanley Jordan (but they're all known players)

Molly Hatchet rocked (Dave Hlubek, Duane Roland, can't think of the 3rd guy right now)

Skunk Baxter, Schenker, Vernon Reid, Mark Reale of an old NYC band called "Riot" - good rock band, went speed metal and did a cover of DiMeola's "Race w/the Devil on a Spanish Highway" - if you can find their album "Fire Down Under", check it out!

I could go on for WEEKS, so I'll shut up now. I've really dug your comments - it's nice to see just how many like minded people are out there in the world! Keep bendin' those strings...

Any of you guys hear of Eddie Van Halen? LOL

I mentioned this band in another thread (Obscure Bands).......Pablo Cruise.I don't remember the guitarists name,but he was tasty.Also,Bill Nelson with Bebop Deluxe.

Great minds think alike.

I reckon boz scaggs is a great guitar player .although he is not known for it.
You can hear him go for it in his early stuff.

Oh yeh! Boz can play! I had an early Boz Scaggs Band album and he was really doing some nice stuff.Steve Miller can do it ,too.The Joker album had some nice stuff on it......he also played alot on the McCartney album "Flaming Pie" ('95).

Elliott Easton from The Cars..a lefty and a great guitar "orchestrator" no notes wasted.

Bill Nelson from BeBop Deluxe

Carlos Alomar..Bowie's staple guitarist since the mid/late 70's (Fame...what a song!)

Bill Nelson.......his work with Bebop Deluxe was great.Cactus had a guitarist in one of their incarnations named (help me here,you guys) Werner Fritschings,or something like that.He had a real interesting style,and a good vibrato.

Britt Daniels-SPOON. Just plays all the right notes, nothing complicated about it.

Don't know his name right off hand, but the guitar player for TOOL.

Scott Bondy-VERBENA

also agree with J Masics, and Johnny Marr

Back