a very dense Queen style track.

kikkis

Hey guys, if you get a chance, please check out this track.

I totally went for the kitchen sink approach, with roughly 40 vocal overdubs, quadruple-tracked guitars, among other things. The whole mix is in the box using plugins.

Oh, and lyrics are here if you wanna sing along!!

Any tips/feedback would be very handy, I don't really know what I'm doing, I have no technical knowledge on EQ/compression at all, I just sorta trust my ear and try to copy my favourite album's sounds.

Cheers for your time!!

Holy shit!:eek: That's one killer tune. I'm sure there are mix improvements, but I was just listening to all the stuff going on too much to notice. Fanatastic song dude.

Friggin awesome!!! Huge Queen fan here!!My fav period being from Queen I up to Jazz... and this totally has that vibe...but with a modern heaviness that sounds really great!
One of the coolest things I have heard on the home recording forums I frequent....please tell me this is a band recording as I would love to hear more...actually if its a one man bad thing..I would still wanna hear more:p...I would just be excited to know there were still bands doing this kind of stuff!!

Made my day...great job!!

That is a killer tune. Do you have anymore? Also could you give us a run down of the equipment used and the process of production?

Cool thanks dudes.

Nothing fancy gear-wise... 57's and a digi-001. A Strat and a Jazz bass.. The drums are samples though which made life a lot easier. Production process was very primitive... get an idea, record it, move to the second idea.. I kinda did it all in big blocks. I'd record 30 seconds of music (with full instrumentation), send it to my graphic artist friend. He would then send me sketches of how the character in the song would look, so I would be inspired by his drawings, send him more little snippets of the song, he'd draw some more.. etc. REALLY cool way to work.

This will be a band very soon. However I played/sang everything on this, my goal is to put an E.P. out and assemble a band based on the strength of the EP.
I'll keep you all posted!

And queepy, that's my favourite Queen era too. I pretty much just ripped off the feel and vibe of "The Fairy Feller's Master-stroke" for this track.

Major Queen 1 to NATO stylistics all over the place. With a BIG chunk of Roy Wood and a flash of Sparks too.
It is fairy Fella meets March OTBQ and it's way OTTop as it should be.
All your own work means WOW - esp the drum sample work.
I have to just say wow - Queepy 'n' I are hung up on the same period and obviuosly both look forward to MORE!

Cool thanks dudes.

Nothing fancy gear-wise... 57's and a digi-001. A Strat and a Jazz bass.. The drums are samples though which made life a lot easier. Production process was very primitive... get an idea, record it, move to the second idea.. I kinda did it all in big blocks. I'd record 30 seconds of music (with full instrumentation), send it to my graphic artist friend. He would then send me sketches of how the character in the song would look, so I would be inspired by his drawings, send him more little snippets of the song, he'd draw some more.. etc. REALLY cool way to work.

This will be a band very soon. However I played/sang everything on this, my goal is to put an E.P. out and assemble a band based on the strength of the EP.
I'll keep you all posted!

And queepy, that's my favourite Queen era too. I pretty much just ripped off the feel and vibe of "The Fairy Feller's Master-stroke" for this track.

Can definitely hear the influence...I wore out my Vinyl of Queen II and loved the way "Side black" flowed from Ogre Battle thru Fairly Fellar ,Nevermore,March Of the Black Queen , and Funny How Love Is..and ending with 7 seas of Rhye.... a perfect album side if ever there was one ;)..
Really look forward to hearing some more of your music!!!

Thick and delicious. A band could pull this off with simplicity if they have the necessary skills. As you've got the vocals it's just a matter of building the band around that....:cool:

That was pretty crazy and over the top! I look forward to hearing more of this.

So what is this song actually about?

Did I hear "chewing gum" and "Chuck-E-Cheese" in the lyrics?

I've probably chewed on gum at that place before. I don't care much for the pizza, and their ranch dressing is deplorable, but some of the Chuck-E-Cheeses sell beer, and then it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Oh, and GREAT sound. You've arrived. Keep working on the songs.

I feel like a jerk for even making ANY recommendations as you are light years ahead of me in terms of talent, etc., but I guess you could up the lead vocals and down some of the music just a little.

Most commercial songs have the vocals so clear and distinct that they are easily heard.

Except Ozzy. Nobody knows what that dude is singing or singing about.

Wow. Pretty cool. Sounds like SOAD meets Queen meets Coheed meets Avenged Sevenfold. Lol. Huge and polished sound. Very good job!

Big Queen fan.

Many elements of Queen in there:cool: Vocalwise.

I get some modern Arcturus vibes as well, and not least Muse.
Specially the guitars are very Muse sounding to me.

But all of these band are great and your tune is no exception:)

Brilliant writing and arranging:cool:

This tune must have been fun to record:)

Thumbs up from here:)

Cool, thanks everybody!

Chewing gum, yes... Chuck-E-Cheese, no??
What's Chuck-E-Cheese?

The song was based on an imaginary friend my daughter speaks of.

ok i give up!!!

Now i see.
What a f..k that's crazy, i'm buying your album my friend.

I love that song.
I'm going to put it on my car next time I'll drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate when people come in here and record songs that are so much cooler than mine. Just when I start to feel good about myself, I realize how generic my songs are.

I'm definitely keeping this one.

The only thing I wished is that it didn't fade out. There could have been a pretty cool ending that would have summed it up perfectly.

Holy shit!:eek: That's one killer tune. I'm sure there are mix improvements, but I was just listening to all the stuff going on too much to notice. Fanatastic song dude.

What he said!

Wow!

Gonna need to listen to this one a few times before I can even bother to comment.

You have an incredible voice! :)

I really love this... When I get time, I'm going to have to relisten with the lyric sheet open ;)

Great job! Very 'Early Queen' with a touch of James LaBrie

Let me know if you'd like some real drums recorded for it.

:)

Back