DAW Users With ADD

Paul881 said:
My geetar fingers have gone soft through so much non-playing :(
Interesting. I think the same thing is happening to my brain. :eek:

Sports
Yanks have won 2 in a row for the first time in recent memory - including one over the dreaded Red Sox. Two well pitched games, and the bats are awakening a little. :)

dachay2tnr said:
Hey! :mad:

I'll have you know I have probably forgotten more than you ever knew. (Which, of course, isn't much of a challenge.) :)

Hey, thats a cheap shot being as I knew nothing to begin with which is why I moved into sales. ;)

:)

Paul881 said:
Hey, thats a cheap shot being as I knew nothing to begin with

:)
I wish I knew what you don't know about vacations. :rolleyes: :D

The opera
They needed my talents. :) No,not my singing talent,I had to fix a fire door between the stage and the props department.Yes I have been onstage at a lot of the concert venues and arenas around town,but instead of a guitar strung over my shoulder,I have a toolbelt around my waist. :D

Oddly enough I got to the yacht club on the same day. :confused: :eek: Beats working at the slaughterhouse anyday. :)

Brewers
They're what you watch between sausage races.

The weather
Nice all week and crappy in time for the holiday weekend. :rolleyes: Why should this Memorial day be any different than any other one?I was telling someone about a great Memorial weekend once and they thought I was making it up! :D

LATER!!!

acidrock said:
Brewers
They're what you watch between sausage races.
I'm beginning to wish they had sausage races in Yankee Stadium. :( :(

Surprising how poorly $200 million worth of talent can play.

dachay2tnr said:
I'm beginning to wish they had sausage races in Yankee Stadium. :( :(

Surprising how poorly $200 million worth of talent can play.

Actually Mike,you always wished you had sausage races,you just can finally admit to it now.Don't fret however,the Bratwurst's contract is up and George always has the cash for a past the expiration date free agent. :p

This just in! Yanks finally manage to win a series... and from the Red Sox no less.

Maybe I'll stay on the bandwagon for a couple more days. ;)

I am here with the official announcement that today is
FRIDAY!!

Somehow that doesn't have the same bang for me that it did a few months back. :)

However, this is also the start of a
3-day weekend.

Which also doesn't have quite the same bang for me that it did awhile back. :)

It's Memorial Day weekend baby!!!!!
Of course I may have to do a job this weekend :( ,but if the guy doesn't call me by tonight all bets are off.

I even have my grass cut already. :cool: Of course had I let it go till Saturday I would've needed a perisccope to navigate my yard.

I'm gonna try and play some music finally...
You know I just may do that also.In fact my wife and kids may be going to a birthday party that I can weasel out of for some quality alone time......

.....although it's kind of weird being home alone...and scary. :o

LATER!!!

So, sadly, my Father-in-law passed away late Thursday evening; he chose a time to go when no-one was watching. My sister in law was in the hospice room with him and she had turned around to adjust the cushions on her chair and when she turned back, he had gone.

The staff at the Hospice said that it is amazing how many times that happens.

So all the family were sent for (all the sisters and Brother were staying at the hospice) and they said their good byes and yesterday, wifey came home. As you can imagine, it was an emotional roller-coaster but the family has always been close and everyone has found strength in each other.

Before he passed away, my youngest daughter recorded Amazing Grace and I was able to take it an play it for him as he lay in his room. The family were very touched with the recording and have asked for it to be played at his funeral.

In recording my daughter, I reasiled that she is now a musician - she was telling me what was good and what wouldn't work and she was right. I will try an post the recording for you to listen to.

Sorry to post a sad message but there were laughs as well in the past week.

Be careful out there men - go hug your children. You never know what's around the corner. ;)

And its still a beautiful life. :)

I'm so very sorry to hear this Paul.It's a situation that is a mix of sadness and relief.You hate to see a loved one pass on,but it was inevitable.The bigger the influence a person has on your life the more emptiness you feel when thy pass on. :( :( :(

Paul, I have always been a believer that many people in your father-in-law's condition do choose when it's time to go. I'm not quite sure how that happens, but I have heard so many stories like yours, that I think there is something to it. If that is the case, I am sure he was at peace.

They say that the deceased live on in our memories. From your description, it appears he will live on for a long time. You can't ask for much more.

My sincere sympathies to your family.

Mike, Guy, many thanks for your kind words and thoughts, they are very much appreciated. I consider you two as being amongst my closest friends. ;) Sad I know, but true. :)

When you think how we three interact with each other and yet have never met (I know you two have) or talked over a telephone even, it is remarkable how we come here all the time and post stuff. :cool:

How will we know if something happens to any of us? Have we left instructions to our nearest and dearest to post and let us know? :confused:

acidrock said:
It's Memorial Day weekend baby!!!!!
Of course I may have to do a job this weekend :( ,but if the guy doesn't call me by tonight all bets are off.

I even have my grass cut already. :cool: Of course had I let it go till Saturday I would've needed a perisccope to navigate my yard.

You know I just may do that also.In fact my wife and kids may be going to a birthday party that I can weasel out of for some quality alone time......

.....although it's kind of weird being home alone...and scary. :o

LATER!!!

I have just had a week at home by myself and although weird, I did enjoy my space. As I always have, being a "loner." ;)

A long time ago, I was in the British Army and became a sniper a) because I was a good shot, b) Because it marked me out for "special" perks and c) because it got me out of mundane stuff like marching, drill and stuff.

But above all, I loved the solitary nature of it and although I can (and frequently have been) the life and soul of a party, my affiliation needs are very low. But I do love posting here. So go figure :confused:

When I get my MSc in human behavior, maybe I could psycho-analyse this some more :rolleyes:

Paul881 said:
A long time ago, I was in the British Army and became a sniper a) because I was a good shot, b) Because it marked me out for "special" perks and c) because it got me out of mundane stuff like marching, drill and stuff.
d) there were no sales positions open. :)

Back