Two Machines Neither Work!

Tlingit

:mad: I have a Tascam22-2 and a Teac modelA4010-s.I cannot get either of them to work. First the Teac.Acouple of days ago I was playing a 68' vintage recording of "Scheherazade" suite Op35 by L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande Ernest Ansermet cond. and al of a sudden a god-awefull noise began.....a clanking sound and the tape stopped moving. Power was still on,the capstan was moving a little the tensonier was not fuly engaged and the two bars by the heads were moving back and forth a bit.....the noise seemed to come from beneeth the heads or the capstan. It only makes noise when I push the play button in.It is like it wants to go into gear but will not.
Did I have a belt brake????Please help' :mad: :mad: :eek:
The second is my rac mounted Tascam 22-2. No sound!... and it will only go on the high speed. Really high speed. Like it is stuck on Fast Forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I live in the Seattle area and woud like to either fix them or trade both for a working machine.I have some Tapes I could through in for the labor.. :eek:
Thanks .......... :confused:

Check the TEAC that the "reel tables" (hubs) are firmly connected to the motor shaft. When the reel tables get a little loose on the motor shaft, they'll make a horrendous noise & won't move tape efficiently.

Check the TASCAM that the lifters/pinchwheel assy is actuating fully upward to contact the pinchwheel to the capstan. If it's not, it would indicate a problem with sticky solenoids not moving freely. If the pinchwheel/lifters don't fully actuate to the heads, not only will you have unregulated speed, but there will be no sound.

Of course, make sure you have the basics like proper tape threading covered first. :eek:

Back