tascam 424mkIII making a "clicking" sound during playback

MySonCool

Hi,

I just bought a used tascam 424mkIII and for the most part I haven't had a problem. Occasionally though, it will make a "clicking" sound during playback...a pretty steady clicking sound. This generally occurs if I have been using it for over a couple hours...I'll stop and clean it and start recording again...sometimes this takes care of the problem, other times it will continue to make the clicking sound. If I stop using it altogether and let it rest for several hours and come back to it, it usually won't make the sound. Lately though, it's been clicking regularly, regardless of what I do.

Any thoughts as to what it could be?
Thanks.

Oh, and I clean the heads religiously...

If you mean a clicking through the output (like a spike) and not a physical audible click then I have experienced this since using a radio shack ac adapter thats not the exact specs.

it sounds more like noise from the deck....definitely not noise from the line out. and it doesn't always make the sound. it comes and goes, sometimes worse than others...

MySonCool said:
Hi,

I just bought a used tascam 424mkIII and for the most part I haven't had a problem. Occasionally though, it will make a "clicking" sound during playback...a pretty steady clicking sound. This generally occurs if I have been using it for over a couple hours...I'll stop and clean it and start recording again...sometimes this takes care of the problem, other times it will continue to make the clicking sound. If I stop using it altogether and let it rest for several hours and come back to it, it usually won't make the sound. Lately though, it's been clicking regularly, regardless of what I do.

Any thoughts as to what it could be?
Thanks.

Oh, and I clean the heads religiously...

in the studio biz, this is called a "click track", no?

Back