"Stormy Monday" Recorded and Mixed on Tascam 414 MKII

Axe4Yahweh

This is my first attemp at multi-track recording.

I used a Rythymn Track that I downloaded and bounced it to track 4 to leave 3 tracks open.

The vocals are on track 1. My first attempt at singing. LOL

The guitar scats and leads are on track 2 except where I chopped off the end of the lead solo when I decided to do a third verse. I overdubbed that on track 3.

I used my Zoom 505 MKII for the guitar "amp" directly into the Tascam. It's a modified PV (Peavey 5150?) patch. Gain is at 5 of 30. I also used the Zoom 505 MkII to add reverb to the vocal track.

Hope ya enjoy it and any comments are appriciated!

Here's the link: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/9/1352/singles.shtml

BHS;

CR
Bethel

Axe4,
Good tune, good guitaring, good singing, good tracking, sounds great man.
dtb

Good job AXE 4

Sounds good AXE 4,
Def. good guitar playing , etc...and you say it was your first recording? Good job. I'm no tech at all but I would think to up the vocals some and maybe add a lil' delay to thicken the voice and a lil' more prescence, otherwise really good dude.
Hey, BTW, if you got a min. can you tell me how you go ahead and put your tunes on that NOWHERE RADIO and what is your opinon of it, regarding vs. putting on other music sites, etc..
Appreciate it- and if it's long you can directly e-mail me.
Take Care,
TOMMY.. ..

Re: Good job AXE 4

TOMMYIII said:
Sounds good AXE 4,
Def. good guitar playing , etc...and you say it was your first recording? Good job. I'm no tech at all but I would think to up the vocals some and maybe add a lil' delay to thicken the voice and a lil' more prescence, otherwise really good dude.
Hey, BTW, if you got a min. can you tell me how you go ahead and put your tunes on that NOWHERE RADIO and what is your opinon of it, regarding vs. putting on other music sites, etc..
Appreciate it- and if it's long you can directly e-mail me.
Take Care,
TOMMY.. ..
Thanks for the comments, Tommy!

Yes it was my first recording. First time I have scratched out a vocal, too, so I was lil apprehensive but my teenage son was encouraging me on. (And snickering under his breath) Anyone can tell ya that a month ago that I couldn't carry a vocal note in a bucket so, no matter who it might offend, I Praise GOD for what He's doin in my life!

I'm a 48 year old teenager with some new toyz. :D

Blessings!!!

BHS;

CR
Bethel

That is really cool blues you laid down. Great guitar and your vocal was fine.
Top to bottom that is a great recording. The drum track is outstanding. What was the source of that track? It fit the tune so well. Is that a real bass? Can you break down how you went about recording it?

bluesdog said:
That is really cool blues you laid down. Great guitar and your vocal was fine.
Top to bottom that is a great recording. The drum track is outstanding. What was the source of that track? It fit the tune so well. Is that a real bass? Can you break down how you went about recording it?
Hey Brother Blues! Glad you enjoyed it!

OK, let's start with that Rythymn Track. First off, it came from here: http://pod.ath.cx/backingmp3/

I downloaded it and then sent it from my soundcard to line inputs 1 and 2 on the Tascam 414 MKII. It was recorded stereo panned hard left and right. I then bounced it to track 4 to leave 3 tracks open.

Vox for the first two verses was then recorded on Track 1.

After that, I did the Scatting with the vocals and the lead solo all the way to the end of the song on Track 2 . I thought that I was fisnished except for final mixing. WRONG!

I played the rough mix for a few people and they thought it would be a great Idea to make it into a REAL song.

I go back and reset the pan controls for recording again and did the last verse on track 1. Well, vox don't go with a lead solo so I chopped off the tail end of the lead solo but I chopped it too far! LOL. I began my education in the art of overdubbing. :(

I went to Track 3 for that after several failed attempts at getting that ONE LIL LICK on track 2.

I then went back to track 2 to Scat with the vocals.

I mixed it down to my computer first as a wave using CDex and then used CDex to convert it to MP3.

That's it in a nutshell.

BHS;

CR

What's a bump? Is that a meaningless post to get the thread back at the top so one can recieve more "ataboys"? If so, poor form dude. If not, please accept my appologies.

Track Rat said:
What's a bump? Is that a meaningless post to get the thread back at the top so one can recieve more "ataboys"? If so, poor form dude. If not, please accept my appologies.
No Track Rat, I'm not in need of anymore ataboys as I got a few from several of my fellow muscians and as far as getting this back to top, all I had to do is reply to someone if that is what I really wanted.

Actually, this thread has recieved more comments and views than I ever thought was possible and I'm not ashamed to give GOD all the praise, glory, and honor for what He has done for me and my thanks to those who have taken the time to respond, listen to the song, or just took a look at the thread.

Now, the real purpose for bumping it was to remind myself to thank those who have done any or all the above. That being done, I'll take my leave.

Apology accepted.

BHS;

CR
Bethel

Bethel MP3's: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/9/1352/singles.shtml

Axe4Yahweh said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, then why bother to reply, Samji?
QUOTE]

No offense, but I must respond ONE last time....

1 - Don't bring God into this...it is not about that AT ALL!!

2 - it is and was poor form, as stated by Track Rat

3 - It's not a big deal and I was just bringing it to your attention...

4 - Peace bro!

B.SABBATH said:
Axe4Yahweh said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, then why bother to reply, Samji?
QUOTE]

No offense, but I must respond ONE last time....

1 - Don't bring God into this...it is not about that AT ALL!!

2 - it is and was poor form, as stated by Track Rat

3 - It's not a big deal and I was just bringing it to your attention...

4 - Peace bro!
Sam, Everything that I do musically IS to bring glory to GOD. Same goes for the rest of the Bethel Rock N Blues Band. That's what we're all about. I don't tell you to not bring whatever it is you believe into something and I fully intend to bring GOD into everything I do because that's what I'm all about.

Now, I put up with the foolishness when I posted the songs down in the MP3 Forum last month from several of the members
down there (You were not included in this and you gave your honest opinion) attacking what I and the rest of band stand for and not even bothering to listen to the music or the lyrics.

Even though I attended Ministry School, I'm not one to practice Apolgetics because I don't have anything to apologize for concerning my faith. The wimps that practice Apologetics (The so-called way "Christians" are supposed to argue their world view with unbelievers) make me sick.

May I introduce myself to you and the rest of the Forum.

My name is CR and this is what I and Bethel are all about:

This Is Who We Are

We are Christians! The children of GOD, born of the Holy Spirit.

We are "GOD's elect."

We are "A chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, GOD's special people."

We are "Kings and priests."

We are "the salt of the earth and the light of the world."

We "are the stewards of the mysteries of GOD."

We "have the mind of Christ."

No Sam, I am not ashamed of that at all. If the rest of the Christians on this board won't speak up for what they believe in song or word, I will. I'm a very tolerent old guy and though I would love for many others to come into His kingdom, He gives us freewill and you and everyone else can write, speak, testify to, or sing about anything you desire and I won't judge it. It's not my job, dude. Otherwise, welcome to your introduction to first century style Christianity where we speak what we believe, say what we mean, and mean what we say. The Gospel is offensive to most but I don't apologize for it.

BHS;

CR
Bethel

Bethel MP3's: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/9/1352/singles.shtml

Axe4Yahweh said:
No Sam, I am not ashamed of that at all. If the rest of the Christians on this board won't speak up for what they believe in song or word, I will. I'm a very tolerent old guy and though I would love for many others to come into His kingdom, He gives us freewill and you and everyone else can write, speak, testify to, or sing about anything you desire and I won't judge it. It's not my job, dude. Otherwise, welcome to your introduction to first century style Christianity where we speak what we believe, say what we mean, and mean what we say. The Gospel is offensive to most but I don't apologize for it.
QUOTE]

uh....o.k.......that's cool......it was totally unecessary though.... Please don't bump your own post, it disrupts the natural balance of things.:cool:

uh....o.k.......that's cool......it was totally unecessary though.... Please don't bump your own post, it disrupts the natural balance of things.:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]No prob, Sam. Won't do it that way again.

If ya read my post to TR, you'll understand why I did it in the first place. It was just supposed to be a reminder to myself. I have alot going on, Bro! (I'm the only Maint. Tech for 155 apartments and it's the 1st of the month! Bummer! Getting too old for this line of work. LOL)

I follow Harmony Central sometimes. (Amp and Live Sound Forums, the recording forum there is basically owned by a bunch of gear snobs) I am also a Moderator and Administrator at CMF.

BTW! There's a geetar player over at CMF lookin to put a band together. He's from Long Island. I'll send ya the link if you are interested.

Sam, I'm not here to beat anyone over the head with my faith but I do give credit where credit is due. I'm here to learn all that I can and share what I know about music and gear with whoever wants to hear it.

If you want, checkout my website and read my personal testimony sometime. Then ya might understand where I'm coming from. I believe it's in my profile here.

Take care, Dude! Keep makin music. You do a good job. :cool:

BHS;

CR
Bethel

CR,

That's a good example of what can be done with very little cash on hand. Have you ever considered using the 414 as a bridge to your PC's soundcard and recording the tracks to digital directly? As long as you're doing the one man band thing with a project like that, I think you might find you get an even better sound than you already have. But props all around for your first stab at multitracking.

CR,

hey man, didn't mean to come off like a tool.......I really do like what you do.....and just in case you were wondering.....

as the Monkees would say, "I'm a believer!":D:cool:

take care bro!

Back