THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION Glorifies HOME RECORDING and TASCAM!

A Reel Person

It's Too Funky in Here!!!
NOT DAVEMANIA- HYPE, DAVEMANIA- FACTS!

----------------

FACT- THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION GLORIFIES HOME RECORDING and TASCAM RECORDING EQUIPMENT!

----------------

FACT- THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION: 3CD DAVE ANTHOLOGY + SPECIAL BONUS DISC is coming to you NOW! ALL NEW! ALL FREE!

FACT- THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION is THE BLOCKBUSTER of FREE HOME RECORDING CD release of 2001! FREE to all HOMERECORDINGBBS users and TASCAM people!

FACT- It MAY be the HOME RECORDING MASTERPIECE that OTHERS will be JUDGED by, for a LONG TIME to come. Judge for YOURSELF! FREE! NOW! LIMITED TIME ONLY! NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

FACT- The DAVEMANIA COLLECTION: DAVE ANTHOLOGY + SPECIAL BONUS DISC, GLORIFIES the music of the BEATLES and other CLASSIC ROCK COVERS. It also glorifies COVERS, PARTY BANDS, GARAGE ROCK, GOOD TIME, EDGY, RAW, HIGH ENERGY music, as well as some MELLOWER, more MELODIC CLASSIC ROCK covers, capturing the EXCITING ESSENCE of HOME RECORDING and AT-HOME MULTITRACK PRODUCTION, ALL on TASCAM equipment!

FACT- The DAVEMANIA COLLECTION is the HOME RECORDING EPIC of Summer 2001, that also GLORIFIES the TASCAM PORTASTUDIO CASSETTE 4 TRACK, TASCAM 8 TRACK REEL, ANALOG music production, and HOME RECORDING itself!

FACT- This is a LIMITED FIRST EDITION, and YOU are IN on it. A few 1st Edition discs are still available, but only for a limited time!

FACT- The "LIMITED" part of the offer is the "FREE" part. I'll issue CDs COMPLETELY FREE for as long as I can stand it, or can afford it.

FACT- Further limited editions may be issued, based on overall demand, but the LIMITED FIRST EDITION is HERE, right NOW, and still available, but going FAST!

FACT- Anyone who's interested in my cost of production, it's about $4 per CD SET, plus SHIPPING, which will vary. -Hey folks,- this is my HOBBY, and I'm NOT trying to make a LIVING on music or recording. I just want to have FUN with MUSIC and HOME RECORDING, and to spread some good vibes. I also want to start a 'tape swap' group, and this is the kickoff CD of that group [or project].

People, listen to my CD, enjoy, and send me your recorded stuff. That's all I want. Period.

If you were ecstatically thrilled with THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION that you wanted to lavish me with money and gifts, and you wanted to cover my costs, I wouldn't mind, but I'm NOT asking for that, NOT EVEN A SINGLE DIME! I'm not.

Just produce and send me your best, most interesting recorded stuff. That's all.

Think- TAPE SWAP GROUP of HOME RECORDING. Remember it. Remember who sent you your first FREE CD. d.archuleta@att.net

FACT- Actual MAN HOURS in production of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION are at this time innumerable, especially when you consider the recordings date back to 1982 on the DAVE ANTHOLOGY set, and there's also 28 NEWLY RECORDED SONGS from APR-JUN-'01, on the BONUS DISC.

FACT- THIS is THE blockbuster FREE CD of ALL CLASSIC ROCK COVERS, ALL EXCITEMENT, ALL DAVE, reviewing almost 20 years of ALL HOME RECORDING, that you WILL NOT want to MISS!

FACT- This 4-CD set is conceptually ONE piece of work, and is meant to be listened to from beginning to end: CD1, CD2, CD3, BONUS disc, [at least on the first listen or two]. If you listen to the discs in this order, from beginning to end, the music will come full circle, both artistically, and spiritually.

FACT- I can explain more, after you see & hear THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, and you can send any comments or questions to me, or **POST YOUR REVIEWS ON THIS BOARD**, as a REPLY** to THIS POST**. That will help keep all the comments about DAVEMANIA in one easy to locate place. THANX!!

FACT- THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION: 3CD DAVE ANTHOLOGY + SPECIAL BONUS DISC is NOT available in STORES! Get yours HERE, TODAY!

FACT- For your FREE copy, email me with your name & address to d.archuleta@att.net FREE! CD! WHEE!

REPEAT: FREE, LIMITED, CD SET OF HOME RECORDING AND CLASSIC COVER TUNES, THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION.

FACT- Get THE DAVEAMANIA COLLECTION: 3CD DAVE ANTHOLOGY + SPECIAL BONUS DISC, FREE [FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY] with SATISFACTION or MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

FREE CD? GEE! MONEY BACK GUARANTEE? WHEE!

Pls join me, in helping to bring back DAVEMANIA! Get THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION today for FREE! NOT sold in stores, get yours HERE, today!

FACT- DAVEMANIA is COMING! Get THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION of HOME RECORDING COVERS, today, for FREE! NOT sold in stores, get yours HERE, today! Just request your FREE copy, and DAVEMANIA will be coming to your town, SOON!

PLS, if you're interested in getting a copy of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, no strings attached, Email your name & address to me at d.archuleta@att.net THANX!
:cool:

Dave's cds

First, let me say this. Dave puts in the time. I just got the cd collection and man, it rocks. Brings back the garage band sound that I remember so well. Some of you people may not like the stuff. But for myself, knowing what I know about this recording hobby, I love it. AND NO RAP. And I know it's not out of a big $$$$ studio. He's doing the same thing I am doing. He's having lots of fun, learning about recording, and man do we need fun. Just think, if everyone in the world went to the basement and did this stuff every night there would be a lot less crime in this world. Keep up the good work Dave. I'll be getting mine ready for you as soon as I can.

Thanks again,
dtb

P.S. If some of the butt heads get your cds and diss em, don't pay any attention. If they don't like them, then don't listen. That's why they have the on off buttons on gear.

THANX SO MUCH, dtb!

Anyone's honest comments are fair game, as far as I'm concerned. If they've actually listened, their opinions are fair game.

I appreciate every honest comment or review of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, a work that was definitely, many years in the making. You've heard the HYPE.

If someone listens, and actually DOESN'T like THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, I can accept that, but I always knew I wasn't delusional,...

Plenty of REAL PEOPLE will LIKE it.

Thx again, for your support and kind words.

Despite all the initial criticizm, the DAVEMANIA project was a big success!

I really got roasted, back in July, mostly on the other boards, but as of this late date,

12/14/01, THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION of Home Recording, 4-CD Set is in it's 3RD FREE EDITION!

Still me/Still free/still available.

Besides, this forum needed some action!

Email requests for the Free 3rd Edition of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION to: d.archuleta@att.net

Thanx again, DA

Help!!

Does anyone know how to get diagrams for the "Tascam 488"?
Cause mine keeps slowing down,and I need new parts.
I will be much abliged!!

Crim,

Tascam Parts sells manuals for most of it's older gear, including the 488, I'm sure. You may call and place orders by phone/credit card, and have the parts or manuals UPS'd to you.

Tascam manuals usually cost ~$20-$30, in most cases. BTW, for some Tascam products, there are 2 manuals, the "operators" manual, and the "service" manual. Sometimes, "operators and service" manuals are combined, like in the case of the 38. Anyway, ask Tascam which 488 manuals are available.

Tascam Parts is at (323) 727-4840

==========

Wow! Tagging a legitimate 488 question onto a DAVEMANIA post, that's different,... usually it's the other way around!!! Haha.

Thanx, DA.

BTW, DAVEMANIA rolls on, discs still available, request yours here, today.

d.archuleta@att.net

Hey Dave

Got your disks the other day. Only listened to bits of the first one but like some of the Beatles renditions. I'll email you sometime when I've listen to them all.

Thanks for sending them!

I'll send my last one out to you if you like, email me your address.

Emeric

Thanx Emeric, glad it finally got there safely.

Thanx for listening, and thanx for taking part in the Davemania project. I hope you enjoy every disc and every song, too.

I still have your email address, so I'll email you my address.

Thanx for also taking part in the "tape swap" aspect of DAVEMANIA, a dual theme.

I'll email you, a little later.

Feel free to post again, any comments you may have, and happy listening to you!

/DA

Well,

I think somewhere, sandwiched between the hype, within the first few lines or paragraphs, I mentioned that a good portion of my Davemania project recordings were produced on Tascam equipment, primarily the Tascam 38/M30, the 388, the 424mkII Portastudio, and also the 244 portastudio.

The "produced" pieces were recorded on mainly Tascam gear, but the more raw, live-to-tape stuff was produced on a number of different, non-Tascam recorders.

I've read back a little, and I know the posts are long and voluminous. With all the obvious hype, it's easy to miss key details, like that, and other things.

Good question, and thanx for asking.

- "the more highly produced pieces were done on Tascam gear". /DA

Dave,

First off, let me apologize.. I got your CDs right before Christmas, but I took a bit of a hiatus from everything and am just now getting back into the groove of things.. Sorry for the delay in response..

I really dig the casual approach taken to the material in this package.. I would have to categorize it in the same vein as the un-Spectorized Let it Be sessions, Garage Days Re-revisited, and much of the unknown and under-appreciated British metal of the late 70s and 80s- stuff which I am always returning to when my ears tire of all the muck on the airwaves.. And it never fails: no matter how slick or polished a radio-ready track is, it often doesn't come close to this kind of music, where you just want to crack open a beer, grab your guitar and just join in.. Not that this isn't of good recording quality: no hiss or noise.. no ugly frequencies.. and the levels are consistent.. In fact, I often forget that what I'm listening to didn't come from a professional studio..

I've still got a few CDs to knock back in the collection, but I will say that immediate faves are "With You There to Help Me", and "Bluebird"

Kudos, Dave for a job well done!

Cy

Thanx very much Cyrokk.

Gosh, I really appreciate your comments very much. I figured we all had good holidays, and that this type of bbs chat was at a minimum for a while.

Not only that, but I don't always hear back from 100% of the actual Davemania cd listeners. Some people post here, some people email me, and some people I never hear back from, and that's ok. As I said from the start, the Davemania project, with it's many facets, is a voluntary-only thing. -All me/All free/Worldwide.

You've got it right, and I don't think of "Garage" as necessarily negative. Heck, I love garage music!

You know, this friggin' Davemania project is still going strong, with the 3rd Free Edition currently in fabrication, and still accepting requests from late-comers and stragglers,... the people who missed Davemania in July and December...

I hope that for however over-the-top the hype, nonsense and flurry was, that THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION delivered exactly what I said, and did not leave you feeling empty or cheated, left flat or let down in any way, or for any reason.

-If so, you know there's a 100% money back guarantee!!

Cyrokk, really, thanx for your your attentive listening, your kind, positive comments, and thanx very much for participating in the Davemania project.

I'll agree, that the 2 songs you mentioned are also some of my favs, with "Bluebird" being very stripped down, but having lot's of melody and heart, and "With You There To Help Me" probably being my ultimate, highest level of recording achievement in production. This song has all the high production value, highly melodic and moving changes, and crisp delivery that makes it a classic,... way before I even touched it! [My version is 'pretty darn good' too].

Haha, THANX A LOT!

Thank you again, for listening, for your nice review, and for participating in the Davemania project. With so many criticizers around here, hearing something positive is like a breath of fresh air.

ps- remember the 'tape swap', all voluntary of course.

Dave, I haven't forgotten you my friend. I'll be sending you off a few tunes I've done in the hostage exchange program.:D

Thanx Track Rat.

No problem, no pressure, take your time, and thank you very much. I hope you like the Davemnia discs, and I'm looking forward to hearing anything you've thrown down to tape or disc.

Thanx again for participating in the Davemania project.

Re: Davemania Collection

Hi,
I received the collection a while ago, but I forgot I had a user ID on these boards. Anyway....I've had a chance to listen to the CD's and I just wanted to say great job. I really enjoyed your recording of "A Day in the Life", but..where was the string section!?! :-) I'm working on getting some stuff recorded now, if you'd like to, I could send you some mp3's of songs I've been working on. I look forward to listening to your recordings again.

-Jeff

Back