DAVEMANIA: 3rd FREE Edition RELEASED: SETS NEW RECORDS: BEATS ALL EXPECTATIONS:

A Reel Person

It's Too Funky in Here!!!
This [crosspost] is a thanx to everyone who picked up DAVEMANIA on this board.
=================================

DAVEMANIA: 3rd FREE Edition RELEASED: SETS NEW RECORDS: BEATS ALL EXPECTATIONS: 4th FREE Edition ANNOUNCED!

=================================
THE OFFICIAL THANK YOU MEMO:

Thanx again, to everyone who participated in the Davemania free 4-cd set project. The 3rd Free Edition was just released, 2/7/02, worldwide.

The 3rd edition, being [30] 4-cd sets in 8 weeks, is a production record for me. It's more discs than either the 1st or 2nd edition, in less time. TA-DA! [fanfare].

That meets or beats my own targets, and exceeds my wildest expectations, -to have shipped that many friggin' discs: [80] 4-cd sets, 320 CDs total, since last July.

Believe it or not, burning 320 CDs, printing and hand cutting twice that many cards, is quite a bit of work,... not to mention the years that went into actual production of the basic tracks. THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION: 3CD DAVE ANTHOLOGY + SPECIAL BONUS DISC was a great success, again, thanx to HRcom/bbs, and HRcom members.

It's been a great pleasure having done the Davemania cd project. It was lots of fun saying "All me/All free/Worldwide" all the time, and being all true, it's been fun having exclusive bragging rights to that, here at HRcom.

Even though I paid for this cd project all myself, out of pocket, I never pursued music as a money making venture, anyway. I've done it just for fun, and to spread good vibes out among the HRcom bbs community.

-I never expected it to turn into the Frankenstein's monster that it did!

Like I said before, on first release, I thought 10-15 copies would cover all the interested HRbbs people, the 3 people I made the discs for, and my family members for Christmas, too! Boy, was I wrong! Anyway, response has been great, and requests have been many, and the 3rd Free Edition of Davemania is a done-deal. Discs have already begun hitting the streets.

The most I'd hope for, is that you value it as good, down-home, rock & roll funtime music,... like party band music,... and that you'll all participate in the 'tape swap' of cd/tape mixes, a dual theme of Davemania.

Thanx to everyone who's listened to THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION, commented or criticized, along the way. /DA

===============
ANNOUNCEMENT: 4TH FREE EDITION of THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION: 4CD SET - NOW AVAILABLE!
===============

HRcombbs members, I'm announcing the 4th and final free edition of Davemania. I'm kickin' in another 20 copies, free 4-cd set of DAVEMANIA, & calling it quits at 100. After that, you're on your own. If there are any people who didn't get in on Davemania in July, December, or February, now's likely the last chance. Pls email requests to me at d.archuleta@att.net

-If you're new to this board, or have been in a cave outside Kabul, THE DAVEMANIA COLLECTION is a gigantic collection of home recorded covers: lots of Beatles, 70's music, & stuff like that, that runs 5 hours & 10 minutes. For more gratuitous, self promoting hype, pls check my previous posts.

================

;)
/DA

===============
===============
3RD EDITION DAVEMANIACS:
-[3rd edition just shipped]
-
Chris L [AR]
FMMahoganyrush [CT]
Version2 [OK]
Comer [OH]
badgas [WA]
Al T [WA]
Chris D [CA]
Village Idiot [MI]
David G [MS]
Russell C [MD]
Roel [BELGUIM]
dragonworks [NY]
Mike J [AUSTRALIA]
Tim H [NETHERLANDS]
Chris S [OR]
Gary [IL]
Jaime [WA]
heylow [WI]
David A [FL]
Bruce V [CANADA]
Voxvendor [CANADA]
Keith M [TX]
Lee R [MO]
Dawn S [IN]
PilotGav [CANADA]
jcspro [OH]
drstawl [CA]
Dale C [CO]
Nathan P [IRELAND]

=================
1ST & 2ND EDITION DAVEMANIACS:
-[1st edition/July, 2nd edition/December '01]
-
aaronjr- CANADA
cyberdragon1- FL
dtb- VA
cterry- OH
lrobins- IN
kennyboy- AL
randalb- AR
hlblyhipy- PA
Slipdiscmusic- AL
Allen C- CA
mmcdonald- KS
getuhgrip- KY
cswhite- WA
Kelly Holdridge- AL
hilltopstudios- PA
screens- TX
The Green Hornet- MI
Queue- MD
A1CREATEADISC- IN
SmithP- CANADA
krystof- England, UK
G-man- CA 92111
shem_w- WA
Tom T- TX
Bill A- CA
cyrokk- FL
zekeman- AR
themartins3- OK
Weismann- PA
mike_p- TX
Melvin B- AZ
paty- FL
Henri Devill- FL
Emeric- CANADA
HUMANNOISE- MO
Robert E- AUSTRALIA
LWStudio- WALES, UK
8TRACKMIND- CA
nitronick_2000- OK
jitteringjim- GA
docwilson50- WY
hero bot- TX

and to my friends:
Zach
DJ
Manny
Ralph
Steven
Ryan
Kevin
Brian
Amy

Davemania,

You sound like your truly in love with yourself. I will pass on this even though its free. If I want to hear some Beatles, I'll pop some in the C.d. player.

Just figured I'd chime in after reading your other B.S.
Good Luck with the " EGOMANIA COLLECTION."

peace.

www.mp3.com/samicide

B.SABBATH, thanx & it's no problem.

I've got the Beatles on the CD player, too.

=

I've already memorized, or thought up every pun and criticizm that can be launched my way, regarding my cd project, so your little pun is not new to me. Thanx for your comment, though.

I'm sure you have better things to do, than to take time out of your busy bbs day, to criticize me. You're not interested, and that's ok. Have a nice day.

Yep; it's DAVES EGO all along..

MR. SABBAH,
Thanks for pointing that out about DAVE! No wonder why he tries to help everybody out and even went the length to personaly e-mail about a problem I was having. Now we all know it's just because he wants his huge ego to be given more notice.
Damn; and here now I was thinking it was because he cared for people maybe. I bet he can learn alot from you about ego as I did when you advertised your songs here that are so caring and Love filled. Yes your lyrics are what this world needs nowadays as bad as it is. More suicide answers and lovely trips to the boneyards would make less people and that means less problems. Thanks again for sharing your thoughtfullness with us.
Take care,
TOMMY.. ..

TOMMY, Thanx for your words of support, I really appreciate it.

You know, I'm not gonna criticize B.SABBATH. I've got nothing on B.SABBATH, when it comes to music or ego. He's not into my offer, my project, or my music, and that's ok.

Notice he posted his own link here, 'cause he knows it will get good exposure on my thread. I know a cheap shot, when I see one, and I also know ego, when I see people jostling for superiority, around here.

Anyway, sure, maybe my [**censored**] project is a big ego trip for me, but not necessariliy any more than 'samicide' is for sam.

Hey, I listened to sam's songs, and musically, I think they're pretty cool, but I was not focused on the lyrics. I got the general gist of it, though, and overall, it was not an unpleasant listening experiment, it was pretty cool.

I'm not into negative lyrics, and I saw the parental warning on the songs, but at first listen it did not strike me as overly negative, just hard-rockin. I could possibly listen again, 'cause I found the songs fairly interesting, musically.

On the other hand, I'm not necessarily into negative attitudes, and I don't appreciate the cheap shot he took at me, but if he doesn't want to listen to my music, it's fine with me.

Thanx TOMMY, for your support. I post over & over, that I'm not on this board to bicker with people, and that's the bottom line. /DA

To REEL & SAM

The Truth here is that I would of supported SAM, [ right name?]
if you [REEL] or anybody had done it to him- for the simple fact that it just ain't right. Also SAM, I did like your music though it's not my genre , and I didn't care for the neg. lyrics- but that's a whole new ball game.
A true artist and their music is a reflection of themself before the songs , thru them and after the song-and of course evolving on.
What you want to and need to say is your right. When you attack and then say 'Peace", you not only contradict but make only a mockery of your very self.
Take care,
TOMMY.. ..

being a zeppelin fan i hit the zepp tracks first,takes balls to do the vocal intro to immigrant song,i cant get anybody to do it!!!!!!DD was cool to.
good work!!!and effort!!!!ALSO i think this guy loves music and homerecordingNOT HIMSELF!!!!!!!!
will update as i get through the series!!
p.s.thank you for the cd,s
john:)

Re: To REEL & SAM

TOMMYIII said:
When you attack and then say 'Peace", you not only contradict but make only a mockery of your very self.
Take care,
TOMMY.. ..

First TOMMY, blow me :).........................peace.

DAVE,

Let me apologize up front for soundind like an a-hole. reading that comment back, I did. I guess I was having a bad day and shouldnt have been on the computer at that time. No I am not "jostling for superiority" like you said, by posting on your thread and providing a link to my music. I always do, and I like it when others do, because after reading what they say, it's nice to hear what their music sounds like. I listen to a lot of other peoples stuff and a lot of times it is better then what I'm doing.

You also said that I was posting my link because "I knew it would get good exposure on your thread." I seem to remember reading one of your previous promotions where you said something about someone else doing that to you and that YOUR THE ONE who usually does that. That was not my intention BUT a cool added bonus. Sorry for this nonsense and if it's possible, I will order your CD's, because now I really want to hear how good it is, Im sure it's going to be really good.

peace.

www.mp3.com/samicide

Re: Yep; it's DAVES EGO all along..

TOMMYIII said:
I bet he can learn alot from you about ego as I did when you advertised your songs here that are so caring and Love filled. Yes your lyrics are what this world needs nowadays as bad as it is. More suicide answers and lovely trips to the boneyards would make less people and that means less problems. Thanks again for sharing your thoughtfullness with us.
Take care,
TOMMY.. .. [/B]

Suicide answers? Come on Tommy, did you really listen to my tunes or just read the page? "my lyrics are what this world needs?" Thank You, that is a very nice complement. I couldnt agree more.

peace.

www.mp3.com/samicide

B.Sabbath/Samicide:

It's okay, I've suffered through worse criticizm than that. No hard feelings. Yes, I did catch your link, and listen to your tunes, and as I said, they were pretty good.

I'm not on this board to bicker with people, as I said before, and I certainly don't hold grudges against people who criticize me. This is an internet bbs, with all kinds of different people, and it's true I've been blatantly hyping my project for months, and everyone knows it, so I guess all's fair game, on the inet.

Sam, I won't fool you, your music is probably a lot better than mine, with yours being original, and mine not, and I'm willing to admit that, up front. On ego-, well, we're probably running neck & neck.

You may participate in my cd project, and get your cds, and I hope you like it, being that it's just down-home, home recorded fun in COVER tunes of 'classic rock'. No doubt, there's quite a large variety of stuff their, revolving around my narrow taste in music. The Beatles, Bowie, Black Flag and The Ramones are highly featured and showcased, as well as many one-offs, from the likes of Jethro Tull & others. If you like these bands like I do, then you should be right in the groove with me.

Davemania has no room to criticize Samicide. They're different works, with different styles, and different focus, altogether. Hopefully, in the wide open world of home recording, projects like Davemania and Samicide can coexist peacefully, and trust me, there's very little overlap there, virtually none.

I've been asked by the webmaster to tone down the hype, so I'll just say, Samicide and any other interested parties can still get my free 4-cd set. Just find my email on this board, and send your requests.

=========

Johnny Rivers- great, thanx, glad you got it, and glad you like it, so far. If you thought the Led Zeppelin tunes were fun, then as you listen, you'll see the fun never stops. This 4-cd set rocks, from end to end. I hope you agree. Thanx so much for participating in the Davemania, oops, I mean the [**censored**] project. [See, I'm not hyping!]:)

=========

...fun thread...Davemania definately seems a little crazy in the head...nice to see someone doing music to feed their ego, though, as opossed to people recording self-riteous, pretentious crap in some attempt to be clever, with their sites set on pulling the wool over the public's eyes, with their sites set on copying some contemporary style in order to "get signed" or something...that's what I've been doing for years...I wish I had the courage to simply have fun with my recording and DO some covers once in awhile...I have no use for 4 cd's of cover songs but I repect Dave's passion to record and share his product...keep it up, man...

First spam, now ego. Is that the new hook you're gonna hang my project on?

BPF: Ok, sure, whatever, it's my ego.

True, it's gratifying that some people would like my discs, but I fully understand that some wouldn't, and that's ok. You're right, that music and recording is somewhat of a passion for me.

BTW, I'm not into 90% of the original songs you might find from 'serious' songwriters, such as the ones you'll hear in multitude, on all those mp3 sites. You're right, about there being a lot of pretenciousness, with people and their original music. Isn't all of MP3-Land a vanity press? [Yes].

Hey, if you think I'm an inet kook, or whatever, I don't care. People can whine, complain and censor my posts, I don't care.

I'm an honest person, doing honest music, and giving it away in an honest fashion. I think it's something other than ego that drives this project, but whatever you think, that's ok.

-I'm recording covers, to the best of my ability, and I'm trying to share it. I know it's a kooky idea, and I only wish I had an original song idea which was worth something, but covers is the focus of my cd project.

Good luck to you with your songwriting and recording.

Thanx for your comments.

Re: First spam, now ego. Is that the new hook you're gonna hang my project on?

A Reel Person said:
Isn't all of MP3-Land a vanity press? [Yes].

NO............ It's a great way to hear free music instantly. If you had an mp3 site, I could have heard your music by now.

peace.

www.mp3.com/samicide

Sabbath, I think yes, but it's okay to disagree.

Vanity press or not, it's all relative, and what I say or think doesn't change anything. MP3's are a widely accepted format for sharing songs on the web, by many talented and enthusiastic people, and I'm not knocking that, in the least.

I'll definintely agree than an mp3 site is a quick & handy thing, and for lots of people and lots of reasons mp3s are a fine way to trade songs. I've been out there, and sampled some songs.

The real skinny, is that I'll work on developing a website, that will feature my stuff, but I'm no web geek, and I'll have to build mp3/website capability up slowly, bit by bit.

You're right, Sabbath, that mp3's are a whole other ballgame, that if I had a site, many more people would have already sampled my tunes, such as yourself.

As web-mp3 sites go, I'm working on it, but it's only in it's idea stages. Some people have already given me tips and links about websites, so I'll follow up on that soon.

I'm definitely not here to abuse this board, or disrespect the webmaster, and definitely not here to bicker. Interesting point, Sab, and I don't necessarily disagree with you about certain things. I agree.

I have not done this entire project, out-of-pocket, just so bbs people would hop on the web and kiss my ass. I've done this entire project, out-of-pocket, 'cause I think home recording is a fun pursuit, and I want to share my recordings with other home recording fanatics.

-They certainly don't pay me, to do what I'm doing. I've borne the entire cost of this project, and I've justified it, based on the desire that people will listen, and enjoy my discs. That's really all there is to it. I have no hidden agendas, that's for sure, it's all right there, out in front, in black & white.

People, think what you may, but this project is neither concieved nor driven out of "ego", nor any other "hidden agenda".

Peace./DA

DAVEMANIA:

Whoa, dude, I think you misinterpretted my post. Of course you do what you do out of ego. Don't kid yourself about that. What fucking planet are you people on that you think "ego" is a bad thing? Go read some Ayn Rand or soemthing....do whatever you've got to do to get over that. I was complimenting you, man, for having the courage to have fun and not be so pre-occupied with being clever. If somebody says they don't do music to feed their ego, then the bullshit flags go up right away in my mind -AND AT FULL MAST, no less--

Dave, (Real Person, whoever you are)...it would be nice if you came back and responded here by saying that "yes, you did in fact misinterpret what I was saying..." but it would be even nicer if you would have thoughtfully read what I was saying in my previous post. Shit, I was trying to support you in an honest way without being ass-kissing or something. I guess next time I need to speak to you in kndergarten terms. Just read the fucking posts, man.

I'd love to hear what you're doing. The Beattles are my number one influence. I just think that if I ordered your cd's they would probably sit there and not be listened to much. And thus I think it would be disrespectful to request a shipment that would cost you time and money. If you really want to share, Dave, e-mail me at BIGPAPAFLY@CS.COM and I'd love to share some of my stuff with you, too. I really would.

But come on guys, cut the absolute, total and complete BULLSHIT. I've known TONS of professional and "hobby" musicians...and we all do what we do (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US) because we feel we can comminucate and reach people with our melodies and lyrics and arrangments and ideas and performances. YES, one of the greatest things is when people say "you're music moved me, personally..." OR, "I listen to your stuff in the middle of the night when I'm depressed and alone..." But guess what? That's ego food!

Accpeting your ego is the first step to creating a better song. Once you've done that, you can start trying to take it OUTSIDE of yourself....but not until then. That's not dime-store-psychology bullshit...that's just the simple fact.

We'll see if Dave e-mails me. It would be cheaper to e-mail some songs than ship a box set of covers. I'm curious now, Dave, hope to hear fro you.

BPF: Yes, I misinterperated your post, as a basic dig at me, so sorry!

Sorry, man, 'cause maybe it got lost in the translation.

You're right, the success of the Davemania project feeds my ego. On the other hand, to me it's a side issue, and ego's not the motivation for this project. I just wanted to make that clear. Sure, it feeds my ego if people like it. I'm not denying it.

Davemania's a kooky concept, and I don't fault you for implying I'm a kook, necessarily. I try to understand it, in context, given the over-the-top nature of some of my posts.

Whatever you said, I misinterperated, then that's all it is, so sorry for getting defensive, when you were trying to be supportive. Hey, if you think my sending you discs would go to waste, then thanx for not requesting discs, and that only makes sense.

I'll email you, sure, some time in my free time, in the near future. I've got nothing against that.

Everyone has an ego. My ego is pumped by the relative success of the Davemania project, and that's only natural, but it's not the primary motivation for it. That's what I thought you were implying, and I guess that's where I misinterperated.

Hey, this is the web, and there's lots of writings that may seem clear to one person, and be totally misinterperated by another. BPF: whatever we got into disagreement about, forget it, I guess I misinterperated. /DA

If any of you picked me up on this thread,

you'll be interested to know that more discs just shipped today.

I've got a few more cds available, so if anyone picks up on this, at this late date, or anyone who's still interested, just email your request to me. thx/DA

You do all that for free?

I can't see how anyone could put this man down! Just by what I've read, I'm taking it that you're sending your stuff out for free? Damn guy, that must be costing you buku bucks! Postage to all those places alone must cost a bit. By the way, I need some new gear, can you send me a free loan? Everyone else quit fuckin bitching! Free(hope I'm not wrong about this)! At his expense! Damn this continent really is babylon.

Thanx Cwad. Yeah, you got it right, it's free.

It's a bit of a crazy idea, true. I decided to do this for about a year, as opposed to buying some other major piece of gear, and the cost's about the same. This way, I'm sharing music worldwide, as opposed to hoarding gear in my studio. It's a conceptual thing, and I'm doing it for fun.

Sorry, no loan, free discs is as good as it gets.

I'm not sure of the reference to Babylon, either good or bad, but if you're referring to decadence, no. The Davemania cd project is not decadent, it's based on sharing. If I've misinterpreted the reference, then pls no offense.

Cwadroon's an Aussie name, ay?

Thanx for the pat on the back, & all that, it's been fun doing this project, despite the cost. /DA

Back