Will the software load twice?

If you uninstall cubase from your pc, then install it on your friends pc, then uninstall it when you're done, and reinstall it on your pc when you get home, then technically you are still abiding by the terms of the EULA perfectly. Its never installed on more than 1 pc at a time. It no different to getting a new pc, finding out it sucks, and going back to the old one.

If you do that, its not like it allows it to be used without you.

And so technically....You are the dongle.... :cool: :p :D

legionserial said:
If you uninstall cubase from your pc, then install it on your friends pc, then uninstall it when you're done, and reinstall it on your pc when you get home, then technically you are still abiding by the terms of the EULA perfectly. Its never installed on more than 1 pc at a time. It no different to getting a new pc, finding out it sucks, and going back to the old one.

If you do that, its not like it allows it to be used without you.

And so technically....You are the dongle.... :cool: :p :D

Yeah, that sounds convenient...well, we'll see how it goes...

andyhix said:
Yeah, that sounds convenient...well, we'll see how it goes...

It seems like an ethics dilemma...i mean you won't be using the software on two different computers at the one time...hypothetically, if you had two computers at home, having paid for the license agreement, would you feel morally perturbed by installing it twice? Even though you're the only one who benefits, the above scenario would still breach the licensed agreement.

TelePaul said:
It seems like an ethics dilemma...i mean you won't be using the software on two different computers at the one time...hypothetically, if you had two computers at home, having paid for the license agreement, would you feel morally perturbed by installing it twice? Even though you're the only one who benefits, the above scenario would still breach the licensed agreement.

Quite. If you wanted it on 2 computers for whatever reason, but only needed to use one copy at a time, and had no desire to use 2 instances of Cubase simultaniously, would you fork out another £500 for another pice of software you already have, when just swapping the dongle between the 2 machines would suffice? I bet a lot of your average Joes probably wouldn't.

Personally I neither advocate or condemn that, as I have never considered it for myself due to the fact that i am not rich enough, and have no need for, 2 audio pc's. I would feel slightly iffy about it however.

Chances are Steinberg won't make a lot of extra money from people who wanted it on 2 pc's due to the price tag. Now wouldn't it be cool if they could offer the second Cubase for a vastly knocked down price if its to be tied to your existing license?

legionserial said:
Chances are Steinberg won't make a lot of extra money from people who wanted it on 2 pc's due to the price tag. Now wouldn't it be cool if they could offer the second Cubase for a vastly knocked down price if its to be tied to your existing license?

Yeah im surprised they havn't done this since they offer alot of cool upgarde deals.

Back