Drum kit Cubase 5 template avail?

DetroitCrow

I am new to drums as well as recording, and opening up cubase 5 and looking at all that is available I am just lost!

I have setup all my 8 mics using a Tascam 1614, where i am looking for information is on setting gates,compression,EQ's, etc,etc,etc.

Anyone have a cubase template setup for a drum kit they could share or tips and info about doing any of the setting above??

Thanks in advance.
Crow

step #1.... RTFM.... sorry man it all starts there ya gotta spend some time with it... which is not to say no one will help... far from it... and these guys cubendo.com seem to think they're the auth ority on cubase... and probably are... oh and there shoild be a pdf copy of the manual on your source disk... keep it open on aifferent page so ya can refer to it...

If there was ONE setup, dont you thing everyone would have platinum records???

EVERY setup and room is different. You actually have to learn the craft; there are no shortcuts....

oh righty then......

I was just simply wondering if there was a basic template I could get to see what setting are where and what everything looks like setup correctly.

I know and understand that a setup for one person will not work or sound good for another, it was simply to see the setting..

I guess I'll RTFM!

Reading the manual was bad advise, because I assume you already know how to record these tracks and apply effects. But I'll second the notion there there are no presets or templates that are going to get you what you want. You just have to practice until you get it. Welcome to the frustration that is learning to mix.

Reading the manual was bad advise, because I assume you already know how to record these tracks and apply effects. But I'll second the notion there there are no presets or templates that are going to get you what you want. You just have to practice until you get it. Welcome to the frustration that is learning to mix.

Recording 8 tracks at once and then having to go thru each to adjust things to sound good... Yeah "frustration" is an understatement!!

You got it. :)

You get better at it the more you do it. Watching other people do it can help as well, but nothing beats doing it yourself and figuring it out.

is there a hotkey or way of setting up a hotkey to turn all the "monitor" and "record" buttons for all the tracks at once?

I hate having to do each one at a time, record, then have to uncheck them one at a time.. having a hotkey to turn them all on, and off would be great! :)

Recording 8 tracks at once and then having to go thru each to adjust things to sound good... Yeah "frustration" is an understatement!!

Just make some good sounding recordings in the first place. Then you won't have to make any adjustments to make them sound good.

All you'll need to do then is fit them with the rest of the instruments. You won't find a template for that, because for all a template knows, your other intruments could consist of a harp, 6 maracas, and a dead cow being beaten with a keytar while rigged up to a theramin.

Point is, mixing isn't about making individual instruments sound good, it's about making the song sound good as a whole. There ain't no template for that.

Anyway, 8 tracks is easy in the scheme of things. Try mixing 50. :p

If you will search around a bit, there is a link on this board somewhere to a guide for micing drums... happy hunting ;)

Create a folder track just like you would an audio track.

Select all of the tracks you want to put inside (hold down shift) and drag them inside the folder track.

The arm button now controls all of the tracks inside.

Plus it's easier for organization later when you do overdubs.

Awesome, thanks alot!!

Create a folder track just like you would an audio track.

Select all of the tracks you want to put inside (hold down shift) and drag them inside the folder track.

The arm button now controls all of the tracks inside.

Plus it's easier for organization later when you do overdubs.

Back