Cubase won't load my VSTs no matter what I do!

BlackBetty

Hello everyone

So my VSTs from Komplete 8 aren't showing up in Cubase 5 at all. I've tried the following locations with both 32bit and 64bit VSTs:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 5\VSTPlugins

I even tried pointing Cubase directly both folders in which Kontakt saves the VSTs

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 32 bit
C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

Nothing happens when I click on Update or Update Plug-in Information.

I can upload a quick video to show what happens if it'd make things easier, just ask

What is strange that my Addictive Drums VST is showing up perfectly fine in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase5\VSTPlugins (I have also tried adding both the 32bit and 64bit to this location and it still does nothing?"

I have tried re-installing Cubase many times and nothing helps. I have tried running it as Admin, adding a folder to the plug-in paths and nothing works.

This has been happening ever since I re-installed Komplete 8. Someone please help, I am extremely frustrated with this now. I tried installing another DAW and seeing it that would pick things up, and it did first try.

Komplete is perfectly fine. It works as a standalone and I also downloaded a free trial of Reaper to try and determine whether it was Cubase or Komplete that was causing the problem and just as I thought, Reaper loaded the VSTs instantly and they all work perfectly fine.

Back