buffer

where exactly is buffer adjust in 10.5 AI....?
And I was in vst audio...here is a snapshot...I saw I was on 32 not 64....is that a problem??
I am getting too many crackles on playback with only 4-5 midi tracks ,simple ones...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 2.25.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 2.25.48 PM.png
    64 KB · Views: 3
This is usually a setting found within the hardware software itself not in cubase. There is usually a separate software utility that handles this. They all look different.

The problem though is it's hardware specific and I don't own a UR-RT2 so you may have to take a look at the manual for the interface.

TL/DR: This is a hardware thing, not a cubase thing.

Also: Hardware buffer will be set in samples. That drop down (64 vs 32) in cubase has to do with how the software records audio not latency settings.

Hope that helps.

I switched to 64 and kept the buffer at 256 and it works ok now. I wonder if its better though to delete the Kontakt player....
what low cost synths are known for being easy on a Mac cpu...??
i7 2 core 8gig ram Mac

Steinberg UR series buffer adjustment is changed in Cubase.

Top menu: Studio>Studio Setup>Control Panel

There is no reason to be running at 88.2khz. That right there is putting a big strain on your cpu because file sizes and data streams are huge. Set your sample rate to 44.1khz and live life happy.

Another observation, if you aren't monitoring your effects in Cubase on the track you're recording as you're recording it, you can set your buffer to a higher number. Doing so will also ease the workload on your cpu.

The 32 bit float and 64 bit float thing is not related to buffer size or anything. Mine has always been set to 32bit, but maybe 64bit is easier on the cpu because it matches the operating system. Honestly don't know about that one....

Back