1680 dumb question

Jblount

This is a dumb question. Does anyone know how to use the set of rca's on the back? Can I send out a track say to a compressor or Eq, then send it back to another track via the rca jacks? If so, how do I enable a track through one of these jacks? I dont like the onboard eq and compressor, so I wanted to use a real one. I just wanted to ask before I spend twelve hours reading the instructions.

I believe you do have a couple of aux sends and receives. I have an 1824, so I can't tell you how they are enabled. Check your manual under aux send.-Richie

Thanks for the advice. Any one have any other tricks up their sleeves as far as using the 1680?

Hold down shift and the stereo in (st in) button-you get a window where you use the up down keys and shuttle wheel to set the stereo inpuits . You can assign them to any of the 1-8 inputs. The signal IN must be plugged into the inputs 1-8. the other two rca's on the back are only for digital inputs. The INPUT fader level is identified as I think channel fader 13 (or so. remember the INPUT faders are time shared with output faders, so you have to set the input/output button (( fader/mute located above the mas vol) accordingly.
LK

thanks Larry, you seem really knowledgable with the roland. I hope I can ask you many questions to come.

Back