Logic Pro.. What do you use it for?

Tifstorey

Guinea Pig
Composing? Recording? Sound Design? Sound editing for video?

I'm intrigued at the lack of people using Logic around my area. I used Logic 7 and on the release of Logic 8, i thought there would be alot of people switching to it from various other software (Pro tools, Cubase etc) but it seems it's still an underdog.

Question is, what do you guys use Logic for?

logic seems to be that way. It's insanely popular around here. I thought Logic was even more popular in the UK...weird.

I use it for everything...love it..my fave daw.

Well, from the folks i know - it's very rarely used. Pro tools seems to be number one around here, even on the LE version which is something i've never really understood.

I use Logic for sound to video mainly, but even when passing projects over to 'superiors', i have to send the individual bounced .wavs down rather than the project as i seem to be the only one using Logic.

I use it for everything, although I am investing in getting Pro Tools LE for drum editing. The elastic audio feature in PT is incredible and makes editing drums fairly painless.

In my opinion, Logic is one of the best all-in-one DAWs. The new comping abilities and multi-take recording tweaks are powerful tools and I love them dearly. They have great software instruments and an easy to follow interface without suffering quality and power.

There's a way of doing elastic audio in logic I think... I stumbled across it the other day.... *trying to remember what the shortcut keys were* ... it might have been holding down apple and dragging.

That's really weird, I seriously always thought that Logic was the big one in the UK for music..I know a lot of the more big time artists out of there are using Logic now. Around here, Pro Tools is starting to wane.. It's still #1 for the post production guys in film, but for music Logic is probably used just as much.. maybe a tiny bit more.

Pro Tools has started to become a bit dated, anyway. It's outdated and overpriced, overly hyped software. PT 7 surprised me as to how little had changed.

If you could find the link to doing that in Logic I would love it. I am still pretty certain PT might be better, but i'd love to give it a try.

it depends on what you're doing. PT is great for post production for video. For music, logic is really nice.

Back