Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reaper wont load vst

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    BINGO!!!!!
    Apparently you didn't run the EXE file. That is a self-extracting archive that contains the DLL file. The actual plugin is ACE.DLL, not the ACE.EXE file. Just click on the ACE.EXE file from WinExplorer and it will run, asking you where to put the DLL file.
    I have tried to run the application but it just duplicates itself..there appears to be no file to extract...strange I know. I've had no such issues with any other vst!

Thanks
    Do you have your view set so that you can see the extensions? Since Microsoft started saving us from ourselves by hiding the file extensions by default, its sometimes hard to tell the difference between types. The download should be ACE.EXE and is 1698KB. The extracted file should be ACE.DLL is 4760KB.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    BINGO!!!!!
    Apparently you didn't run the EXE file. That is a self-extracting archive that contains the DLL file. The actual plugin is ACE.DLL, not the ACE.EXE file. Just click on the ACE.EXE file from WinExplorer and it will run, asking you where to put the DLL file.
    I shall have another look and try to unravel this mystery! 🤔

Thanks
    I had a similar problem appear with Reaper a few weeks ago. I logged onto Reaper and a s the song was about to load Reaper displayed a message saying that various VSTs were missing, etc.. Then I went to the FX browser and was dismayed to see almost all my VSTs/VSTIs missing. After a lot of try "this/try that", I copied & pasted the path of my VST folder onto Reaper and rescanned. Probably hundreds of plugins started coming back. Reaper crashed several times during the process but I kept on until it scanned no more.

I thought the problem was solved, then started to load a song and got the error message again. There are still a lot of plugs that Reaper isn't seeing. They are in the same VST folder as the others that reappeared. There are .dll files, and some are plugs I used regularly. I uninstalled some and reinstalled, but still nothing. I know uninstalling can be iffy about getting rid of everything.

I'm at a loss right now as what to do. This problem seemed to arise right after a recent update...the one before the most recent. Otherwise, the only thing I had done was go through all my plugs and put the hashtag symbol in front of the ones that were no good to hide them.

As with the OP, I'm stumped. There are probably folks here who could fix it in a flash, but I'm an old guy with limited computer skills. Anyone want to take remote access? Good luck to the OP!
    It's obsolete already??

Thread Information