EZdrummer Reaper issue

ShanPeyton

I have some wires crossed in ezdrummer or reaper? It seems as though my kick drum is somehow coming through the main channel that ezdrummer in inserted on. I know that in all my other previous projects the volume fader on the main instrument channel that ezdrummer runs off of doesn't affect any volume with the rest of the kit. All the individual tracks faders control the volumes for each piece of this kit.

Somehow somehwere i must have hit some thing or changed something unknowingly because now for some reason when i move the fader for EZD's instrument channel it affects the kick. But not only that, i can also still use the volume fader for the kick track as well?

What did i do? :confused: and how can i fix this it is really quite aggravating.

There's a mixer in the EZdrummer gui. Did you change any of the routing there?

It might help to post some screenshots of what's happening here. I'm not entirely sure I follow. Shouldn't the main volume slider affect the kick drum (as well as all the other ones)?

Or maybe what I did the other day, I managed to slip the waveform up into the main track,
So only the top fader would do anything?,,, don't know how it happened but it foxed me for a while! :)

I have some wires crossed in ezdrummer or reaper? It seems as though my kick drum is somehow coming through the main channel that ezdrummer in inserted on. I know that in all my other previous projects the volume fader on the main instrument channel that ezdrummer runs off of doesn't affect any volume with the rest of the kit. All the individual tracks faders control the volumes for each piece of this kit.

I don't use EZ Drummer but do use Addictive, and this is the way taht Addictive works as well... the slider on the main channel that the VST on has no effect, only the sliders in the mixer and 16 individual drum tracks work.

Suggest you pull your MIDI file somewhere safe, delete the instance and try again if you can't work it out. With Addictive I always have to route the drums manually via the Addictive mixer to the 16 tracks, so perhaps there's something similar with EZ and you've clicked something somewhere you shouldn't have...

Good luck.

I don't use EZ Drummer Suggest you pull your MIDI file somewhere safe, delete the instance and try again if you can't work it out. .

This is exactly what i ended up doing!! I went through all kinds of weird settings for over three hours that night when it hit me i was way over thinking it. Just delete the bad insert and reinsert. -AND- Even though i didn't save any of my track settings it still only took about 45 mins to get my mix back to where it was. Wish i had have thought of that much sooner than i had.

Thanks all for your advice!

Back