Editing wave file in CEP window

Bigdin

Hello,
I have just begun working with CEP 2.1 and already from a thread in the CEP forum I have learnt a lot.(as for one OZPETER)
My question considers editing the wave file in the CEP window. I can't seem to get the end of the wave to show its self because I want to be sure I am selecting all of the piece I want to cut also sometimes when I select a piece of the wave to cut when I go to menu, edit, cut then cut is not functional. I am cutting because there can be noises from the audience in a live recording which I have on DAT tape and the performers speech sometimes just adlibs and there is no reason to have it on the final recording?? Anyway hope some one can help...........thanks........Bigdin

Cut places the selection in the "clipboard" for pasting elsewhere. If you really don't want a section of Audio, just drag over it and hit the pc keyboard Delete key - you can always undo to go back.

Down by the Transport buttons are the view controls. You can zoom in and out of selections, zoom to the left or right or "show entire wave" to see the whole thing.

There are a couple of useful keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl/A will display the entire length of the waveform and Ctrl/X will cut out a highlighted area. You might check out the "Keyboard Shortcut" section of Help. It's possible to customize shortcuts for frequently done operations.

Yeah, in *Edit* (single waveform) view, right click and "Select entire wave" is pretty self explanatory, (or Ctrl A as Ip said). If you highlight lets say a phrase or something and delete it, the time of the wave will be decreased as a result. (which may or may not be a problem, depending on what your doing)
I think for what your talking about, (editing out foreign sounds) you should just zoom in and highlight the desired parts in *multitrack* view, and edit from there.
Whether you cut out out a chunk or a smidget; just remember if you want 2 move a certain sound to another spot, (eg. tighten up the voice overs) remember to cut off a tiny bit from both sides around that sound, to make it a single block. Zoom in for precision... and keep doin yuh thing.

Back