CEP 2.0 Q: Burning CDs from wav files

thwackless

Hey, allright... It's going to be a simple explanation, but I've run some mono tape recordings from band rehearsal into CEP 2.0, eq'd 'em, and am trying to burn them onto disc using my Veritas software. Only I'm getting :55 seconds of a tune instead of 1:40! (Yeah, they're short!)
When I'm eq-ing and "mixing down to file" in Cool Edit, is it possible I'm screwing the saved file by not playing the full length of it when eq-ing or saving the file (mixdown) in the Edit window? I'm assuming that when I "save" a mix, I'm saving the entire wav. Is this a mistake?
Please...help...me...before...I...smash...computer.....
Thanks,
Rog.

"When I'm eq-ing and "mixing down to file" in Cool Edit, is it possible I'm screwing the saved file by not playing the full length of it when eq-ing or saving the file (mixdown) in the Edit window?"

Yes. Edit View works its voodoo *only* on what appears in the Edit View. So if you're zoomed in on one portion of a track in Multitrack and then take it to Edit View, only the 'zoomed in' portion will appear there, and ONLY THAT PORTION will be affected by what you do in EV.

And that applies to mixdowns that you do from Multitrack as well - if you've highlighted a segment of the whole session, only the highlighted portion gets mixed down.

Dunno if I've answered your question exactly, though.

Yeah, you have, and thank you for your time! You have confirmed another answer I got earlier from a local cat who uses CEP also.

All I have to say is, I spent the better part of a day on this freaking thing (instead of at work), trying to get a cd of a band rehearsal. What an alarmingly and deceptively simple (read: "what!?") answer to the problem! I felt like clubbing myself in the head ...yack...

Thanks again for your help,

Rog.

In Edit View, hit Control/A to select the whole wave, rather than just the piece you are looking at.

Back