CD burning programs that keep session open

downonthestreet

Does anyone know of a CD burning program that allows you to record a music track from a file on your HD and listen to it on a usual hifi CD player setup, yet keeps the session open so you can later record other tracks to the same CD? (CD-RWs are not an option, because my hifi CD player won't read them).

My current program is RecordNow, and every time anything is recorded to CD, it automatically closes the CD for any later recording, regardless of how much space is left on it. I'm remastering some old music tracks and my desk monitors are not accurate enough, so I have to keep checking the remasters when I think I have them close to right by burning to CD and listening through my main hifi. It's rare to get the mix right without quite a few tries, of course, so I'm going through a small fortune on blank CDs as I listen to each remastering session after burning to CD.
Appreciate any recommendations.

OK, I've been told this is a very dumb question - please ignore! I've since found out that any CD burning program must close the first session before a hifi CD player can read the CD, so I'm seeking the impossible.

I just read Scott Mueller's book on upgrading and repairing PCs, and he says it is a very bad idea to have other programs running while you're burning a CD. The burner takes up a lot of resources.

Back