Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adobe Audition for Win. XP only?

Thanks

Angry

Sign in to disable this ad
    I was using CEP 2.1 and took advantage of the Adobe Audition free upgrade offer. I'm running Win98SE and CEP has been totally trouble-free [always excepting my own self-inflicted wounds] since I started with CEP 1.2 3 years ago. The first thing I found was the new support policy: I may be wrong, but the only way I could access the owner's guide was to enter my Adobe serial number and once I got to the manual I could neither download it, or save it as a favorite, or save it to disc. Since the only time I need the manual is in a hurry (!) I don't think Adobe understands the recording business. The second thing I discovered yesterday in my first long recording session since the upgrade (Adobe's term) is that the computer freezes and can't be restarted without a cold boot. That's a hell of a surprise in the middle of tracking! I'm going to go uninstall Adobe Audball and reinstall CEP 2.1 and see if my computer will go back to being something I can use for recording.

Thanks
    Anyone else having the same probs that lpdeluxe just stated? Is it because he is using Windows 98?

Thanks
    lpdeluxe - let us know how the 'kill audition, reinstall 2.1' goes. Some people over at Adobe were reporting serious registry problems when they tried that.

Thread Information