So VSampler is the best?

tombuur

I found this. I don't understand much about aliasing, but my interpretation is that VSampler is one of the best, beating Halion and Kontakt:

http://www.buzzxp.com/samplers/

Also, VSampler will let you insert VSTs of your own choice and make the effect permanent in the samples. Who else does that?

And VSampler (full version) lets you build a library with patches and banks that can be played standalone as a complete substitute for your external sound module if you have a collection of customized midi files. Who else does that?

I know the VSampler interface is not as great looking and easy as the competition, but when it comes to features and usefulness, who can beat it? I have for the last couple of weeks looked for alternatives, thinking I would invest my learning curve in a more established product. However, so far I have to my own surprise found nothing better. (Forget about the sample libraries in this context).

They're all good,just go with what you've got or feel comfortable with.

I think the most important part is the quality of the samples you're using.

IMHO software has gotten to the point where quality is being determined by marketing in a lot of cases.That killer end all be all product you bought a year ago has now been made obsolete by the "new and improved" version.
We as muscician/recorders are very susceptible to this as we are always trying to squeeze a little more out of what it is we're doing.

My mini rant is over,thanks. :rolleyes:

Back