new computer, pro audio 9?

lronhoover

I'm getting me a dell Dimension 8300, 1 GB ram, 250 GB hard drive (7200 of course) my question is will my pro audio 9, with layla 20 bit work on the newer machine. It has windows XP home edition, Pentium 4 processor 3 GHZ w/800 MHzFSB, I know I should upgrade to Sonar but first I need the computer to handle it. As my old one might not. And until I get the cash to upgrade I still want to keep working. Thanks for any help.

Yes, it will work.

Should work just fine. I'm in a similar upgrade boat. PA9 works fine in one of my PCs with the same sort of setup.

PA9 seems happy in XP and it will recognize the better sampling rates in newer cards.

I'm still waiting for a powerful enough excuse to move to Sonar.

You will enjoy the better processing speed if you do much audio processing.

Have fun,

Thanks for the reply. I do the audio (PA 9, sound forge) and I have Adobe preimere for video so I could really use the extra power. Its hard to fit all the toys in my budget so it take a while to upgrade to the newer stuff. Thanks again.

yep yep yep

i bascially have close to the same set up you guys do, except my comptuer isn't a dell. I just built it myself. But it is fast and good, won't bother listing specs its as fast as you can get... Anyway, cake walk pro audio 9 does work great with xp and all that jazz, and will work with almost any interface too. It works with mine quite well and with ease. Gotta love computers! haha

Originally posted by acidrock
------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still waiting for a powerful enough excuse to move to Sonar.
:eek: :confused:
Apparently DXi synths, configurable Bus routing, WDM/ASIO drivers, automatable FX, audio and midi loops, slip editing, track view metering, and generally improved user interface are not enough. :rolleyes:

Must be waiting for the version with that new, Talent plugin included.

Back