*Microverb II power supply*

janthemetal

Hi,

Firstly, the Alesis Microverb II power supply. What were they thinking!?
Can anyone please tell me what sort of input end i need on the power lead (It looks like a 3.5mm jack insert, forchrissake!) or where to find the aforementioned type of cable.

I got one of these ultra cheap second hand, but with no power cable and got it home before i realised that the 9V AC adaptor it requires is not normal.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Firstly, the Alesis Microverb II power supply. What were they thinking!?
Can anyone please tell me what sort of input end i need on the power lead (It looks like a 3.5mm jack insert, forchrissake!) or where to find the aforementioned type of cable.

I got one of these ultra cheap second hand, but with no power cable and got it home before i realised that the 9V AC adaptor it requires is not normal.

Thanks in advance
umm ..... it's very normal. I have one and basically ALL of my power adapters fit the jack.

You just have to make sure you use an adapter that's AC and not DC.
If you Do have one with the odd jack, most of the universal adapters you get will have various jack adapters to fit a wide range of inputs so there'll be one that'll fit.

Thanks. i could have sworn it looked narrower... i will try any other adapters i have and see what happens...
do you think it will work with a microverb 4 adapter, assuming its a universal size? electrically, i mean

(sorry if i asked this already, but my internet just had a 'moment' trying to post...)

Thanks. i could have sworn it looked narrower... i will try any other adapters i have and see what happens...
do you think it will work with a microverb 4 adapter, assuming its a universal size? electrically, i mean

(sorry if i asked this already, but my internet just had a 'moment' trying to post...)

it should work fine with the Microverb 4 adapter. Just doublecheck to make sure the power supply is putting out AC to the unit.
I'm pretty sure that ALL alesis power supllies put out AC but it doesn't hurt to check.

yep. it is.
thank you very much, you have been very helpful, not to mention tolerant of my inate stupidity :)
next port of call, eBay...

Thanks once again

doesn't much matter. I glanced at my nanoverb because it's right here and it says 830ma and I'm sure the microverb's gonna be about the same. ....... almost any power supply will put out enough for that little unit.
You don't have to worry about a power supply putting out too much. The unit will only 'take' what it needs. An greater capacity simply won't be used so even if you had a power supply that could put out 20,000 ma it wouldn't damage the unit.

Those 9vac adapters suck. But they are still available. I've got a linksys router that also takes a 9vac. What were they thinking?!

I've got the Microverb II (it's in a PA rack), but the power supply buzzes loudly. Any idea what's wrong? Toss it and replace with my old Linksys power supply? (yes I have one ;))

Bad news. The Linksys doesn't fit. The outer diameter is the same, but the inner diameter of the Alesis is larger.

Linksys on left, Alesis on right.
20110626plugs_0003w.jpg

Back