Zwan mastering job

charger

Listen to this new Zwan single, called "Honestly":

Now tell me that is not absolute mastering butchery. When the guitar solo comes in at around 2:54, I just can't even listen anymore.

Ya, I noticed that too, the stereo "brick wall of guitars" is brutal on the headphones. I like the lead section tho, with the guitar trying to fight it's way to the top.

I don't know if this exists in the States as well ashere, but in Belgium (and Holland) Zwan is a brand name for really bad tasting party coctail sausages... If a guy names a band after it, go figure...

:rolleyes: ;)

Herwig

Personally, i think the Zwan record is pretty good for a first attempt. I don't think it compares to some Smashing Pumpkins stuff, but it isnt a bomb either. The production on it isnt the greatest and the mastering isnt either, however, the songs are pretty good songs. I like the guitar tone for the most part, and i like the way the guitar solo sounds in honestly (its loud and obnoxious, and thats how they wanted it). Either way, i personally don't mind this album.

When I first heard the cd, I thought it was a little cluttered sounding,but that's just my opinion. And, maybe that's what they were going after. Who knows? Either way, I think it's a solid record with some great songs on it.

"Recently, some concerns have come to light regarding the 'sound' of the album, and there seems to be confusion about whether or not there is a problem, which is understandable in the warm 'digital' age. So from my mouth to your ear, here's the deal: We set out to make the loudest fucking rock and roll album that was humanly possible. No detail was too small, and by that I mean that everything, and I mean everything on the album is distorted by yours truly. I became obsessed by the sound of the great mono albums of the sixties, whether it be Dusty Springfield, The Walker Brothers, The Stones, The Who, The Kinks, etc. and their compressed excitement. so if our album is blowing up your speakers or making your dog cry, I can't say I'm sorry, but I do apologize for any worries this may have caused. Mary Star of the Sea uses everything but the kitchen sink in the analog or digital domain to push the sound of Zwan past the blur into something that feels fresh and exciting, and most importantly, LOUD at any volume." - Billy Corgan

yeah, great song. horrible band. You're right, the wall of guitars is bigger than billy corgan's ego.

Back