Zoom R24 - using drum patterns

okulo

I have been recording on my Zoom R24 and then exporting the projects to USB and then importing to Logic. When I do this, I discovered that the drum patterns I have used have been missing. I Understand that these are patterns which are generated within the R24 and aren't loops but has anybody any ideas about how the patterns might be converted to audio files that I can import into Logic?

I have no experience with the R24, so I would take the drums only audio signal from either the (stereo) Headphone Out or (mono) L/R Outs and feed that into an audio interface using it's 1/4 jacks. Just record that as audio in Logic.

I have no experience with the R24, so I would take the drums only audio signal from either the (stereo) Headphone Out or (mono) L/R Outs and feed that into an audio interface using it's 1/4 jacks. Just record that as audio in Logic.
Yes, I had thought about something like that or even feeding it back into an empty track on the R24 itself but it ain't very elegant and I hoped that there might be a way to render patterns into files.

I never got around to using the drum patterns on my R24. I used my SR18 to add a "real" audio drum track a few times. I have pulled the patterns from the 2GB usb drive and put them into Reaper, doing cut and pastes. Then I grabbed MT PowerDrumKit, and I've been using that.

The thing is, I just wanted a simple but strong beat to record to and maybe let somebody with a bit of drum flair provide something at a later date but as I mentioned, bringing the project into Logic loses the drum pattern track so I then have to start messing about with Logic's drummers - which is interesting if you have the patience but it is not really my thing - I'm a guitarist and little else, really.

That looks like what I want to do but I'm not sure that it works with patterns - I'm sure I tried this but I will give it another go.
That can't be dome with patterns. When bouncing, the track indicator light of the source track has to be set to green but with pattern tracks, they are either orange or off.

Back