Zoom R20 conflict using interface. Stereo in, but I'm hearing MONO!

RichieP

Hi . Using the R20 as an interface and an iPad Pro as my computer, I connected everything up to record in GarageBand. I set it to Stereo Mix instead of Multitrack. I record my keyboard which has left and right stereo out. I monitor off of the Zoom. Everything records OK, but you can see on the waveform that it is just one solid line and not 2 -.When I listen on headphones as Im recording you can tell that it's mono. When you play it back it shows 2 lines as if it's left right, but it's mono.

Just wondering why it's not letting you listen in stereo if it says "stereo Mix" on the interface. Anybody else have this issue? I am a first timer here, so thanks for the website. !!!

Stereo Mix, is a combination of two channels - so maybe that's why is producing mono. What happens when you select multitrack and set two tracks to record?

Stereo Mix, is a combination of two channels - so maybe that's why is producing mono. What happens when you select multitrack and set two tracks to record?
Thanks for your reply. The reason I didn’t select multitrack was it only limited to eight channels but if that’s what you have to do, I’m gonna try that again. Thank you.

Back