zoom mrs 1266 alternative options

Aware

Hi i'm relatively new to recording, done the odd bit with n-track on my laptop just using the internal s/c, found it a a little taxing and not as personable as portastudios.

My question is, i'm all geared up with cash in hand to go out and buy a zoom mrs 1266 studio at discount price of £575(not sure of u.s $ value), but before the shop bleads me dry i wanted to know if this was the best kit for the money, here are my requirements.

1. record a 4 piece rock outfit with at least 4 mics on drums, (simultaneously)

2. Built in cd-drive or usb output so files can be transfered and burnt via pc instead.

3. Drum machine as a back up for practises when our drummer is absent, although a seperate portastudio and drum machine would be fine providing it's within the £600 budget.

4. Fast,friendly learning curve so everyone else in the band can get their dumb heads around it.

5.Good sounding effects, reverbs/delays, noise gate, compression at least.

6. Be relatively headache free..........if such a thing exists!

what the zoom like compared to the boss 1180....?

I know this may sound a tall order with such a low budget, but the zoom 1266 can do all this.........................i'm told~(shop)

thanks for the help and ideas in advance mateys

cheers

Last edited:
sorry your too late, i've bought a zoom, and i'm blaming you guys if it's crap......hehehehehehe

cheers

Back