zoom h4n pro...how to master tracks

ohsodave

hey everyone, i recorder 4 tracks in MTR mode, but now what? how do i get them mastered into 1 file that i can share/upload/burn? is it possible to do on this machine or do i need to export them to my PC and use a DAW to mix them down and master them?

I discovered only today by accident that I can 'mixdown' recorded tracks from my H6 - it's in record mode usually but I somehow changed the display and a L/R bus appeared? Maybe the H4 can do this too - in fairness it would be horrible for anything other than just balancing volumes - even free audacity is a thousand times better - but for emergencies ......

I discovered only today by accident that I can 'mixdown' recorded tracks from my H6 - it's in record mode usually but I somehow changed the display and a L/R bus appeared? Maybe the H4 can do this too - in fairness it would be horrible for anything other than just balancing volumes - even free audacity is a thousand times better - but for emergencies ......
True!

Huh! Never knew that would work.
...something new every day!

I've never tried to do any type of mixdown on my H4n. The SD card goes straight into the computer and is dumped to my hard drive for editing.

All the files - whether on a Disk Recorder or Computer are the same information - so just dump it to a computer and Master away.d

Back