ZOOM H2 - Settings for recording band rehearsal?

Creep

Milk It
Hi all,

I have a Zoom H2 which I want to use to record my band's pre-gig rehearsal. I am having a bit of trouble with it, as I always seem to have the audio peak and pop even when I turn the input recording level down. I'm not experienced with it and need some help. :o

All band members are facing each other (guitarist, singer, bassist & drummer) and I want to sit the H2 in front of us all, in the middle of the room. I am going to open both mic's up to capture all round sound.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a good recording out of this? By good recording, I mean no peaks/scratches etc. I know it is capable of doing this but I don't quite now how to configure it to do so eg: recording input level, turn off compressor etc.

PS: We're playing pretty heavy music.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

i always set the mic gain the the lowest setting, there is a compressor in there, just don't know how to access it (i have the h4). get out the manual and see about adding the compressor to the master or each mic channel in. but def make sure you are recording with the lowest mic gain.

Back