zoom g3

i write great reviews lol

32 bit floating and new dsp = quality

13 amp models, as good as software, some nice touches and plenty of knobs to twiddle ;)

94 stomp/rack FX (three at a time in any order), every one im trying sounds excellent...Im using it as an multi fx with my vox valvetronix or as a modeller through Line 6 keyboard amp, modeller takes up one of the three stomp boxes but some FX are doubled if need be, but it also sounds great through headphones

highlights..HD reverb, comps, all the delays, step filter, moog filter...they all sound great to my inexperienced ears

work as a USB audio interface...with my macbook pro and maschine mikro i now have a great portable studio...Im away to asia in January, cant wait to take my stuff...may buy another chinese guitar while Im across lol

it has a 40 second looper, or 20 seconds with undo

it has a drum machine do da, basic beats but enough of them

what else...mmm....its made of metal...you can record dry or processed at the same time...takes an expression pedal...works with USB bus power, a small wall wart (comes with), or AA batteries...

and best of all you dont have to RTFM...it's just three stompboxes each with three buttons, disnae get much simpler

did I mention I got it for $179?? Guitar depot..

man its awesome :)

it also has some really great drag and drop editing software

whew finished

I not an employee of Zoom though my dads name is Samson Zoom...complete coincidence

Yours

Keith Zoom

these are far more interesting....kudos for zoom having the balls to do this

not exactly the same (surprise) but not necessarily worse imo

Last edited:
The A B demos at the bottom were well done - there's a def diff between real and emulated BUT the emulated sounds were very good.
As a matter of price point I think the unit is pretty flash.

Ive been busy finishing a track for mastering so I havent had a chance to record anything with it...but I cant recommend this enough..

I've been buying some top notch gear recently, near ten times the price of the G3...but this is the only one I felt like writing about, at the pricepoint its amazing, man thats one boutique pedal

sure its not for everyone

even listening to those demos I prefer it to at least one of those amps...sure the marshall isnt the greatest match but the G3's DZ is better and the fenders pretty close imo

I'm getting a nasty hum when I connect a USB cable from the G3 into my computer and monitor with my power amp and studio monitors. From the research I've done it sounds like the problem is a "ground loop". I just tried monitoring the G3 using headphones and the hum is gone so it makes sense that it's likely a grounding problem from my monitor system.

Anyone know how to remedy this?

Back