Zeke is Back :D

wjgypsy

hey dudes, well i know alot of yall prolly don't know me but i used to hang around this site many years ago, when i was like 12 and 13 and so, well now i'm about 16 and i'm still play and recording, i just took a few years off for teen activities lol. :D but anyway, enough of this.

This is a song that i'm writing, it's just a demo i'm still writing the wrods to the song and more music, so it will be much better and longer when i'm done. I recorded 3 electric guitars direct usein my pod and then 2 acoustic guitars with a audio techinica mic, propted up against the recorder (no stands lol) and the drums was recorded with one mic, the same mic i used for the guitars and it was laid on a stool to the right of the drums about 5 or 6 feet away. and the vocals was done with that mic also, and i held it in my hands. then i played play direct into the recorder (fostex vf-16 old skool baby :D) and i thihnk that's abotu it. i didn't use any pre-amps or compressors, this song is basicly raw but i liek the way it came out sounding, exspeacily from how i recorded it. o yeah and i recorded some backing vocals to.

anyways, sorry for the long post here it is:

"The bad happy ending" www.nowhereradio.com/thirteenthstory/singles
I think that link is write, if it don't work, jsut type in "thirteenth story" in the search box and it will come up.

Thanks guy, nice to talk to yall again.

Zeke

wasn't like April or so Zeke was trying to come to grips with being gay and the feelings he had for a member of his favorite band? Or something like that.

It takes a bit too long for the song to get going, cut down the Intro, bring the drums in earlier

I'm thinking the high end is a bit harsh, but that may change if you are going to add a bass track.

$0.02

ok you know what? first of all what the fuck has happends to the people here?!?! there was 3 post and only one of them was about the music!! wtf did all the real people go that was here when i left this site for a while. And another thing, yes it has been a LOOOONNNNNNGGGG time sence i've been here, i have posted a post here and there, but only to ask a few little questions, this is the first time i've been back on this site with a new recording in god knows how long and yall people can't even be nice enough to talk ABOUT THE DAMN SONG?!?!

I'm not saying i'm better than anyone else, cause i don't try to be, but if you ask me i think this site has became nothing more then just a gathering place for a bunch of big shot music wannabes and all the good people that use to be here when i was are gone., well maybe not all of them, but alot are. And i just relized why i quit coming here cause their's to many dumbasses that think there big shots and shit. well all i got to say is if you want to talk about recording talk about fuckin recording, other wise, put i tin the cave or some where else!

Zeke what I was saying is that we didnt miss you. (yes it's good to have knowledge of your return. but Hey this is the music bizness people go and come. it's just when they've been gone to loong we think of it as them having truly left.

Heck when I go on tour no misses the fact that I been gone 4 three months. LOL

Anyway Elcome bac buddy.

Didnt have a comment on your track as i have no idea where you are going with it :)

Intro's way too looooooooonnnnnnng. Too much of the same thing over and over. Sounds pretty good once you get going though. Not bad at all.

And no, it hasn't really been that long since you've been here. And since you've been gone (for a few months) you seem to have developed a very nasty little attitude. Looks to me like you might need a good spankin' and to have your typing fingers washed off with some lye soap. :D

for one thing i did not think any one missed me, have the people that was hear when i left are gone now. ANd it HAS been almost a year sence i've been on here cus i've been busy with school and alot of other crap. I HAVE however been on here everynow and then to post little questions about things that i needed help with but i havent' really ever "been" back here in a really long time.

And that intro is long because, there are words that go there and they haven't been added to the track yet, cause the song IS a demo, but alot of you apear to be overlooking that fact. But like i said before, i don't mean to be getting an additude with anyone, but i asked for people to critic my SONG not me, and that's way i posted the song on this site.

ZEKE SAYER said:
for one thing i did not think any one missed me, have the people that was hear when i left are gone now. ANd it HAS been almost a year sence i've been on here cus i've been busy with school and alot of other crap. I HAVE however been on here everynow and then to post little questions about things that i needed help with but i havent' really ever "been" back here in a really long time.

And that intro is long because, there are words that go there and they haven't been added to the track yet, cause the song IS a demo, but alot of you apear to be overlooking that fact. But like i said before, i don't mean to be getting an additude with anyone, but i asked for people to critic my SONG not me, and that's way i posted the song on this site.

you sound bitter about youre reviews. I didnt think the song was bad dude, damn....

No one said it was bad, but hey when there is no indication of what is what you get the critique you got. the intro felt long to me, but hen i realized no words so i didnt say anythign. But hay if 2 people felt the same way you should have waited till you had lyrics on the track and then posted instead of whining cause folk heckled you a little bit.

16 huh, time to grow some tough skin, especially if you plan to make it in this business.

Zeke-

The main guitar has a very slight tuning issue. It's probably the intonation on the guitar, cause it's ok for some chords but not for some others. I think the Pod is a wonderful tool for songwriting and demos.

I actually kinda like where you are with the song, your voice and style reminds me alot of a guy I know in Cincinnati who does indie rock. Just keeo in mind with this genre that you have to have something that grabs people so they listen to the rest of the song. You need a rythm track in more of the song, and maybe a dirty gritty rough (not distorted) guitar to balance out the sparkly treble of the others. Finish it and Id like to hear the final.

H2H

ok thanks for the replys. i was not trying to get on anyones nerves so if i did i'm sorry. and giles, i wasn't whining, i was telling what i though about this.

and i do plan to write more to this song and add more things, but i don't want to over do it. And i do have many mic stands :D but to tell the truth this song was recorded on a saturday morning, and all friday night i was at a party so i was hung over the whole time i was recording this song, except for the vocals, they was recorded that saturday night. and i was just to lasy to really fix up the set like i mostly do, so i just said screw it it's just a demo, but it came out nicer than i thought it would.

thanks, Zeke

Zeke, i missed you brutha.......

yep long intro.......maybe if there was some lead type instrument over it keeping the attention it would work....kepping it evolving instead of repititious.......

i like what you have so far.....you used to do 4 mics on drums ......what happened?

i was listening to "waiting for the messiah" the other day.....what a coincidence......

Hey gidge whats up man. it's nice to see some people i know around here lol. yeah i know the intro is long, but like i said it's got words, but i just didn't add them yet, so it want be boring next time. and i didn't use 4 mics on the set cause i was tired that day lol. well nice talking to ya.

later

Back