yr suggestions

azrider

i have 500 dollers and want to buy equipment that would make my rap muisc sound professional.what would u suggest as far as soundcards,software, and mixers.

i'm thinking of buying an mbox but dont really know how the quality of its sound is.
my cpu proccesor is an AMD sempron 3000+

my suggestion is find some people in your area that are doing it, maybe a computer users club, or maybe somebody here lives near you.

you need to know how many mics you want to record at ONE time? 3 mics, 3 tracks.

if you have to mix before you record, you lose flexibility later. most people close mic most everything then apply effects and mix in the computer. that means at least one mic or input for every instrument, drums up to seven or more (drummers are rarely happy)

you can cut this down by doing one thing at a time, record voice, then backing, then instruments and combine them in the computer. that means you play back the music and record the voice, then, maybe play back the voice and record just one of the instruments by itself, then build up

before anybody can answer your question, YOU need to know exactly what you want to accomplish. but I am SURE you can find a gear pimp to take your money.

oh, and 'I want to do everything all at once' is not an answer, unless you are a top recording artist.

Back