You're Under Arrest

mikemoritz

This is the first of the mixes/ghetto masters I've done for this band Arresting the Fall. Lemme know what you think please. I'm dying for opinion.

Thanks,
Mike

Sounds pretty damn good. I like the sound of the drums. The cymbals splash nicely. Everything sounds pretty slick. One thing, when it gets heavy the drums start to disappear. i deffinately like the guitar sound. Oh, and if you push that button it

Good tune....IMO the intro of the guitar at the beginning of the chorus is little too abrupt and the same for going back in to the verse....the hold on the distortion at the end of the chorus is nice but it just stops dead at the beginning at the next verse...might wanna fade it out. Bring that Kick up...all in all great tune...just nitnoid stuff with the mix.

I could swear I heard noise reduction swirling around on the lead vocals, somehow.. Whether it is that track or not, I don't know, but it sounds like it is effecting the vocals. The drums sound "roomy" which sound pretty decent, but out of context to the guitars. I like that "roomy" sound actually, because it sounds more real. But, you do hear stereo stuff happening with the high hat and stuff, which is a little unatural... a delay, panned opposite, so to speak on the hh cymbals, for instance. The noise reduction is more evident the more I listen to the song. The guitars crunching could be a little "mellower' too. Not so graty sounding.

all in all, very close to being very nice.

Can you tell me where you're hearing the noise reduction? Cause I didn't use any on these tracks. I don't think I was phasing at all either. Thanks for the info though, I'll check into it.

Mike

Good Recording and production.Singer's a little flat and the heavy guitars are killin the great drum sound you got.Guitars to much in the middle of the stereo,spread 'em out a little,save the middle for the vox and bass.Decent song for the radio.A little too EMO-ish for me.

Wery nice... wery nice. Like the chord progressions already... very "The Cure-ish" (Fascination Street--etc)... bass a bit boomy... excellent drummer... snare is a bit more piccolo that my tastes...

Singer reminds me of one Mr. Powderfinger (frm this board)... but your guy has an accent... distortion guitar does seem to take up too much room in the bridge/chorus... it's gigantic... may want it down a few hairs (and everything else up around it).

Nice hh triplets... halfway decent singing (does go flat a few times)...

Good song.. would like the guitar more doubled/hardpanned ... as/is it may be too much ... covers too much of the soundstage.

c

not much to add except I agree with most of the previous comments about the heavy guitars.. When they come in, the mix goes to hell.. nice drum sound though..

good tune..

-edit- the cymbals are too loud..

Back