your professional opinion please

worldeater

hi, i was thinking that maybe someone with more experience might have some suggestions.

i am recording in my house, for a home studio it's prettty hooked up. the control room is in the attic (4th floor) and the live area is in the basement. the drum room is about 9x10 with a 7 foot high ceiling. i live in the city and our nieghbors houses are touching ours, so i reseached building a very sound resistant room. the room itself is free standing it touches no walls or ceiling with at least 6 inches of space between any walls. we used the thick fiberglass insolation i think it was th r-19, either 1/2 or 3/4 inch layer of soundstop and then 3/4 inch drywall on all of the walls and ceiling. then covered the whole room in 1/4 inch roofing rubber. now the room is very sound resistant. an unforseen side effect of this is that the room sounds huge. a ton of reflection. i really like the sound, and all of the bands that have been over like the sound, but i have had some criticisms from the more experienced in recording. i have been experimenting with using the sounds of that room alone for recoding with the drums and vocals. i have found that by keeping things more natural from the start they tend to sound more natural in the end.

the hellblock 6 album was recorded with absolutely no artificial effects processers aside from the eq and compression and what. the vocals have a little more room sound than i had intended but the vocals were so loud i had to back him off the mic which opened up room for more reflections.

if any of you would take the time to maybe check out a sample or anything off of the "burnin' doom" album (i had nothing to do with "the beast") and offer some suggestions or opinions i would be most appreciative. (i am mainly concerned about the drums but any advice is appreciated)

thank you - gary

http://www.worldeaterrecords.com/Hellblock6-Pages/Hellblock6-MP3.html

I had no idea that the Cookie Monster had a band.:D
The drums sound fine but the vocal has too much room in it and sounds undefined. When ever I do these kinds of vocalists I put up a 57 and let him eat the mic.

i did just that, i put a 57 on him but you have no idea how loud this guy is. (he is also the drummer) thank you for checkin it out.

Back