Your opinion...

Venesectrix

Ok, here's what I'm thinking on doing for some really basic recording. I already have a mic, (Audix OM-2) an amp, (Marshall AVT275), a guitar, (Les Paul Studio) and a DD-55 drumpad. I only want to record one thing at a time and I'm not looking for "studio quality" sound or anything. What I'm thinking, is buying a UB802(which runs around $50) running everything though the mixer and then plug the output on the mixer into the line input of my computer. As far as software goes.. Goldwave all the way baby :D I also have Digital Orchestrator. So I guess my question is, is there a better way to get my stuff to my computer that's cost effective? Please bare in mind I really can't spend a lot of money.

Thanks guys.

That looks like the cheapest way to get it in (unless you want to go with the UB502), assuming you're going to mic the amp, as there is no high impedance input on the mixer. If your soundcard is not specifically an audio one, the Behringer mixer fits OK.

"..as there is no high impedance input on the mixer"
I don't really know what that means. Are you saying if I went direct from the guitar to the mixer or something?

Also, does the mixer produce enough volume in the output for my computer to pickup vocals, or am I going to have to have a mic preamp to boost the signal?

Back