Your opinion about this song

tonypgl

OK... we're a great rock band (from other people's opinions, not ours ), but our home recordings (demos) really suck. Could you listen to one of our songs and give me some advices on making it sound a little better? Meaning as a mixing and recording tehnique, not buying some real gear, 'cus TRUST ME I KNOW THAT
I have to say that we recorded one instrument at a time (Sound forge) and than mixed them in FL My sound card is an integrated one costs about 5$
Anyway here it goes
www.tipicalalice.go.ro/demos.html and download Tipical Alice - Scoala (nu ne place)

I managed to get a Tascam M512 mixer (the only gear i have), can this help me on future recordings? In what way? Could i use it in some other way beside plugin the mics and guitars in it, and than recording on the computer? (Some dumb question... but this is the Dummies section )
Go on now.. laugh your asses of our demo!
Thanks

Last edited:
Too much cymbals, not enough kick drum. Take the main vocal down a tad and compress it so it doesn't jump up and down in volume.

The megaphone vocals are cool but tend to distort towards the end of that section. Again ride the fader or compress/limit it.

Other than that it's a catchy rock tune and your energy shows throughout.

With a little remixing it will sound really good. I can see why you say people think you are a great rock band.

Yes, no kick and too much cymbals.

When you record the drums, position them in the place in the room where they sound the best and most balanced. Next, put the headphones on and listen to the mic you're going to use on the drums. Walk around the room until you find the place where you hear a balanced kit sound.

Drums are the heart of rock and roll, and the most difficult to get a good sound. Once you have great sounding drums, you'll have improved your recording and listening skills a great deal - which will only help you with the other instruments and vocals.

Good luck. And have fun along the way.

Back