"YOUR LAST SONG" cover

Detroitroadrage

I am a glutton for punishment by posting this one, but everyone needs an asskickin now and again, and its my turn.

This is a Scorpions cover from their latest "Humanity:Hour 1" release.
The entire project has been a train wreck from the start, and here is why; Somehow, I seem to have wrote over the right channel of my overhead drum track during guitar tracking, ya think I would have stopped the presses and retracked the drums???? Absolutely.......not (Im a dumbass).
Next, While I was tracking the intro guitars, I did the same thing with one of the three accoustic mics (of course it was the most important one, the sound hole/body mic)..........stop and retrack you ask?????? FUCK NO!!!!!! (Im an idiot).

Wait, there is more.................

Woke up this morning with a slight sore throat, but I want this POS done TODAY and that aint stoppin me from doin vox. At this point, what the hell could a shitty vocal track do to the song that the mono drums or a paper thin accoustic guitar havnt done already........ Should I wait a day or two for the voice to clear up????........Why the hell would I do that? (Somebody shoot me in the head plz)

Hacked my way through the vox (thank god for fx, if you think that they sound horrible, you should hear the dry tracks).

On to mixing/mastering or lack there of.
Remember that troat thingy I mentioned earlier? Well it is in my sinuses and EARS at this point along with a killer headache........Mix another day??????? NOPE, don't care, doin it now! (is there anybody more stupidier than me right now?)

So here it is, or I should say here it IS'NT.
Have your fun, but be gentle because I am delicate like a flower in the breeze at the moment.
I will understand if you all take a vote to have me turn in my musician/recording card and to never post again, along with taking every bit of gear that I own and chuck it out to the road just so I never get tempted to record another thing....EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!! I will be OK with that, if that is what you decide. And I will become a rodeo clown or an underwater basket weaver or a ...........whatever.

All in all, the song came out pretty decent...................................................if your deaf.

:confused::confused:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/58360774beaf8af1/

:eek::eek:

It's not that bad, Detroit ....:rolleyes:
It sounds like a demo you did to get the song arrangement down and that's OK. I'm sure you could record this properly. Seeing as I absolutely hate the Scorpions, I actually prefer your voice to Klaus Meine's (feel like throwing up when I hear that ass sing....:mad:)
So, just get well soon and do it properly! ;)

Joey :):):):)

Back