your favorite guitar/bass tuner?

earworm

i'm the drummer in a band and both our guitarist and bassist have issues with their crappy tuner, every rehearsal starts with screaming, yelling and cursus that darn thing...
so for my brother's birthday i want to buy him a decent guitar tuner, would be great if we can also use it for bass.

when i did live PA work i saw several white stompboxes, i think chromatic tuners, maybe they are pretty decent? i prefer a stompbox, i've seen those 19" rack machines, would be cool for me but not for a guitarist

all input is welcome!

cheers,

J

Peterson Strobo Stomp or VS tuner is gonna be the most accurate and also has various temperments for 'sweetening' the sound of guitars.
The white one you mentioned is probably a Boss TU-2 which i also have one of and it's a fairly nice stage tuner.
But for accuracy, the Petersons' gonna win hands down.

Agree with Lt. Bob - the Petersen StroboStomp is the way to go if you want the bass and guitars to really be in tune.

I can't tell you how many times a guitarist/bassist has come to the studio and used it for the first time - they all say the same thing:

"Holy $#&*, I've never been this in tune before! It sounds amazing!"

Then most cringe when they find out the price. So many are willing to pay $189+ for an overdrive pedal, but not on a tuner - so they'll always be a little out of tune and sound like crap. Go figure.

I have a Korg DTR that I've had for about 10 years now. If it ever shits the bed I'm going to buy a Petersen.

i think they had the Strobo Stomp as the Stupid Deal of the Day at MF yesterday, you guys missed it!

Unless you've used it, you will laugh: Arion. For electric guitar, just awesome. Good about not picking up background noise and dirt cheap, like $25. Mine's lasted forever through some serious abuse and a few gallons of sweat and beer poured on it.

I want the strobostomp. I have a couple of those Korg CA30 tuners. Nice no hassle tuner, but won't cut it if you want to set your intonation.

Back