Your favorite chord(s)

scaron

Out of curiosity, what is/are your favorite chord(s) ? We all have a few chords that particularly sound good to our ears, some that we consider to sound like magic, independently the song they're in.

Dm.

Saddest chord for the saddest key.
---------------------------------
Spinal tap.........

"It's in the key of D minor, the saddest of all the chords really."

>>plays ballad on piano<<

"That's beautiful...what do you call it?"

"Lick My Love Pump."

Dm.

Saddest chord for the saddest key.
---------------------------------
Spinal tap.........

"It's in the key of D minor, the saddest of all the chords really."

>>plays ballad on piano<<

"That's beautiful...what do you call it?"

"Lick My Love Pump."

Yes, we've all seen the movie at least 700 times each. I wish people would stop quoting it.

Yes, we've all seen the movie at least 700 times each. I wish people would stop quoting it.

I've actually never seen it. My old drummer gave it to me--on VHS no less--and I melted the tape. But I feel like I've seen it as many times as I've heard it quoted!

I saw it once, didn't think it was that funny. Of course, I don't remember much from it, but I do remember thinking I'll never watch it again. Maybe because I was sober when I watched it.....

I saw it once, didn't think it was that funny. Of course, I don't remember much from it, but I do remember thinking I'll never watch it again. Maybe because I was sober when I watched it.....

It's funny. Good movie. It's got a lot of subtle funny parts though. You almost have to watch it several times to really get everything.

Pete Townsend said one time he smoked a joint and decided he'd try some alternate tunings, an hour later he realized he was just lookin for an A major.

I thought it was funny.

Spinal Tap is quite funny. But when you've seen it a dozen times it becomes harder to laugh at and reminds you that what you found funny 20 years ago wasn't that enduring after all. It is pretty subtle though, in parts.

Oh, Em by the way. The easist chord to play. It sounds like warm sour creamy milk just before it becomes cheese.

I have a favourite chord, but I don't know what it is.

On the piano you play an Am on the left hand and a G on the right hand. So it's like an AM7 +9? +11?

Or play Em on left, D on right.

I use to have a favorite chord....but then one day it was gone. I don't know what happened to it...it got lost. :(

Now I just play whatever chords the song needs...no more favorites....*sigh*.

I'm trying to pick a favorite note...but I can't decide which one.... :confused: ...I would love to hear what other people have as their favorite note(s)?

My favorite chord(s) changes from time to time. Whatever it is at the moment, I go out of my way to avoid boring and obvious powerchords.

I use to have a favorite chord....but then one day it was gone. I don't know what happened to it...it got lost. :(

Now I just play whatever chords the song needs...no more favorites....*sigh*.

I'm trying to pick a favorite note...but I can't decide which one.... :confused: ...I would love to hear what other people have as their favorite note(s)?
I can't even decide on a favourite pitch standard. A 440 is so last century.

Favorite chord is E. I thought that was every guitarists favorite chord. At least that is what I've heard before.

Back