Your Favorite Amp!

rvdsm said:
What's your favorite amp? Why is it your favorite?

Mine is the Ampeg V-4. It's loud, it's heavy and it's older than your refrigerator, but it sounds gooood!! Pair it up with a 1960TV and it blows windows out!

My fav is my current amp. It is a (sick, gag) Carvin 100watt tube amp with a 4X12 slanted cab. It is old (from like 1983,4,5) and its mocel name is X100B. I sold both of my Marshalls after recording with this amp. I would have never believed it if you even mentioned Carvin to me before this amp. This is the last great amp they made that is really great sounding.

MESA BOOGIE MARK 2B 60 WATTS

lg-257401.jpg

50 or 100 watt single channel jcm800 Marshall. When they are cranked they have that sustain and crunch without all the distortion. I make due with my later model 800 channel switching combo. Better at lower volumes I think.

for light music, anything by Carvin, Fender, and random custom amps (matchless, bogner, etc.).

For heavy music, the peavey 5150, Marshall JCM 800 (old ones), Bogners, and pretty much Peaveys in general

Old Tweed

1954 Fender Deluxe

It's my fave Because I have one.

It's a hell of a lot of amp in a small box. Tone and more Tone. Breaks up just right. Clean Buddy Holly or 60's Bubby Guy with a Strat. Merle Haggard with a Tele and flat out Rocking you ass off with any hollow body with original P-90's

Back