Your expertise is sought . . .

Well, I'm more musician than engineer so I had some production issues. The sound of the voices seemed a little too muddy when they were all in there together. Overall I liked it though and it shows a nice niche outside the normal metal, rock, or ballad vain so yeah I would definitely put it up there to show some range. It sounds more than fine.

Now on the production side of things, I know this is not your issue, but talk the guitar player in to backing off on the guitar to the point of just a few chordal references. I would make the kick and bass carry the tune more, kind of a bar sing along feel. Somewhat like the old hit Barbara Ann, where it sounds like everyone is sitting around and doing a sing along.

Maybe some handclapping, I don't know. A little more earthy and spontaneous sounding.

Enough of me. Good job.

I wish I wouldn't have read the posts before listening.

Damn.................I think its great Chess!!

Hi Chess!

I think it sounds great! (I'll bet the band agrees too;) )

I believe it's worthy to include on a studio demo of your work.
Don't touch it!! It has a great feel and sound as is.

The vox reminded me of Everlast but my son says Beck...who are these guys?

Chess...

I've listened quite a bit over the weekend...I think the mix is excellent. It reminds me of one of those "new" bands (Sugar Ray?), although I'm such an old fart that I can't really tell you which one!

My only quibble is with the structure of the song itself. To my ears, it could use some sort of variation/bridge/"B" part. The repetition of the four chords had me wanting a change after a while, even though the band does a nice job with the dynamics.

By the way, the song reminded me a bit of the old hit "Hey Baby" by Bruce Channel (pronounced "Sha-nell, I think), with Delbert McClinton on harmonica. This was the song that "inspired" John Lennon to add harmonica to Love Me Do, Please Please Me, and those other early Beatle tracks.

Great job on a catchy tune!

Back